Retired and working more!!

Hi All, I've been a long time voyeur of diyaudio whenever I had a problem to solve so now that I've retired - as of May after 47 years in electronics - I thought I'd make it official and join the fun. We just moved cross country to North Carolina from California and I'm in the process of setting up my bench for repairing vintage stereo's - 1960-80's Marantz mostly as the first 3 years of my career was working for Superscope / Marantz in Chatsworth Cali. Never had the time while working but now.... And of course most of my test equipment is broken in some way or another along with being wayyyy out of calibration so that's first up - already had to fix a Tek 2465 scope for the fusable caps and exhaust fan. Looking forward to delving into the brain trust and hopefully I can add some knowledge to the effort...

Reactions: 2 users
Maybe some matching Marantz speakers to go with the amps.
Sounds like fun. Post some pictures and show off some repair
projects. Anything dirty and dusty coming back to life.
Always worth checking out. Must have few good
stories too about adventures with working for Marantz.
Or interesting literature, catalogs manuals etc etc laying around.

I actually just sold a set of primo HD88 speakers... no where to put them in the new house so I kept the HD77's and sold off the big boys! I'm still sorting all the stuff I've accumulated over the years which includes some Marantz brochures and I've probably got a complete set of Marantz Service manuals from the 70's - including some of the speakers.. if anyone is looking for one I could scan it and send it to you. Once I get my bench sorted out I've got 3 or 4 Compudecks to dig into and see if I can save.. I'll post when I get to them - first micro controller cassette decks from Marantz.

frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
Welcome to diyAudio :^)

marantz-hd88-speakers.jpg

marantz-hd77-speakers.jpg

Dave