Reputable source for Elna caps

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I am seeking a reputable dealer for larger value Elna capacitors like one might use in a power supply. I don't want to buy from some Ebay dealer in China as I am afraid of fakes. Most of the more common US sources stop at 1500uf or so. Does anyone have any suggestions or what do you use for power supplies?

Ex-Moderator R.I.P.
Joined 2005
Im looking at BC high ripple caps and proper lugs
But I need small ones at about 3300-4700uf, 40-50V
And I need 16 so preferably not too costly ones

I dont think power supply caps matter so much really, as long as they are high ripple types with proper solder lugs, low esr, longlife etc
For small signal, input etc I will use Elna silmic caps, where it may matter more

If you want real big ones maybe look for Evox Rifa

Actually I have only seen a few high ripple Elna power supply caps
Look at the solder lugs, and they may tell you what they are good at

Thank you for the reply. I just ask about Elna's because that is what NAD had used a long time ago for for their power supply caps in several of the amps I have seen. I can always use another kind such as Nichicon or Evox. I was just curious on where to source some of the larger Elna caps.

I'll try substituting a more common low esr and high ripple cap for now.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.