Renkus Heinz SSD3301 too loud

Hi guys,
I have a pair of 3301 with JBL 2226HPL 12-inch woofers but my issue is that the 3301 are too loud compared to the woofers. I tried applying an EQ on my master out from the console but this isn't the best solution. Could be too loud because of the crossover design? As far as I remember the crossover PCB I have inside the speaker is extracted from another speaker with different specifications. Can anyone give any suggestions? Should I replace the crossover PCB with something different to reduce the volume or do I need a resistor in series to achieve this?
best regards

Crossovers are designed for a specific set of drivers, and for a desired frequency balance. Therefore, trying to use a crossover from a different speaker will rarely work properly. Unless you want to start learning about crossover design, you could try to lower the tweeter level by inserting a 5-watt resistor in series with the tweeter. The value (in ohms) will depend on how much you need to lower the level. Probably on the order of a few ohms. Experiment!