Removing excess voltage from amplifier supply?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.

fab

Joined 2004
Paid Member
Another comment: getting back to janneman comment, your amp may most probably a higher voltage than +/-35V. Check all the max voltage transistors data sheet of the amp and set the power supply voltage accordingly (with some voltage margin of course). This way, at least you will get more audio power, less dissipation in the 2955/3055 and still a good supply regulation.

If you add severals reverse turns to the primary the primary will have a lower nominal voltage and when connected to a standard voltage power line the output will raise, and also the core will saturate and that may run into overcurrent and overheat
Thats what I was trying to say

Sorry for the missunderstanding, it was early in the morning and I had taken some antihistamines for my sinus infection. If you hav'nt had sinus problems before, it feels like your eyes are going to pop out of your head. I guess I should have taken the warning on the box more seriously "Do not operate machinery".
Thats my exuse anyway. :eek:

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.