• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Remote relay volume control kit.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Re: Performance

jewilson said:
Peter and Grataku,

Can you tell us what you think about the audio performance of the APOX attenuators boards.

Thanks

jewilson,
The boards worked out of the box, I am surprised that Antonio is having all these troubles.

As far as I can tell there is NO audio performance, as it should be.
Signal gets in and gets out attenuated.
I am still looking for a suitable pre-amp but something different from the usual BOSOZ, I have already explored the BOSOZ and the X idea to my satisfaction.
Maybe I will try one of Allen Wright's tube circuits or my own transformer coupled differential with CCS. I am getting ready to move so it will all have to wait until next year.

Retired diyAudio Moderator
Joined 2002
grataku said:
I am looking for some suitable connector for the 3 pin headers that do the daisy chain from the apoxIR to the various apox components. I was thinking about using a ribbon cable and some type of press-on 3 pin connectors, if they exist.
Has anyone found something like that?

I have been using Molex C-Grid Crimp connector housings for everything that uses the .1" spced header pins. I use 24ga wire with them. I like them because you don't have to wire the connectors the same at both ends, since they are individually attached. My lcd interface on my microcontroller is dual row on one end and single on the other end, so the C-Grid stuff works great. The only problem with it is that you have to buy a crimp tool to use them. (cheap one is ok, but the c-grid one is the best)

I used a bunch of them for all the connections besides the JST ones for my cdpro2 project.
http://brian.darg.net/cdpro2

Digikey sells them:
http://dkc3.digikey.com/pdf/T033/0095.pdf

--
Brian

Retired diyAudio Moderator
Joined 2002
Can some of you veteran APOX builders answer something. My APOX 1 board doen't respond. Do you have to set an adress in the front panel or set the jumpers on the volume board to make it communicate. My IS boards works and the front panel seems to work fine, but no relays change on the volume board.
Yes I know they are silent. I've checked input, output and through impeadance...no change as the front panel counts up and down

I checked the bus and it's connected correctly. The front board counts from 0 to 255 when you turn the right encoder, so I guess it kmows there's a APOX 1 there. But none of the relays change state. some are high and somw are low. I haven't decoded the patern yet. I have figured out how to mute and unmute with the decoders and it makes no change on the volume board.
Thanks for the hints and keep them coming.

The input select board works, so the serial out from the front panel must work. The volume board has only 3 IC's, pic controller and 2 relay drivers. One of the leds flashes like it should, but the other never lights. I need to get out my scope and see if any signal is present between the pic and drivers. I find it hard to believe both drivers are dead and I know that serial data is present on board( I have it fed front panel -> Volume board -> Input select and the input select works), so that narrows it down to the pic. I may have to ask for a new one.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.