Relays in amp

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
It's no problem..

I actually don't really care if anything happened to the amp, it's really an intellectual exercise to see if I can get it working..which I am enjoying. As long as I don't blow me up that's the main thing, and I am being very careful. There's no-one I can ask for help here.
I do work in high tech I just haven't studied electronics in detail:)

I really appreciate the guidance and as long as I know exactly where to place the probes I can follow instructions.

Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
Hi Alan,
Separate components. They are marked C3182, A1265, D2033 and B1353. The bias is 2SD1508 (?). Over current detect is C2240.

Check the voltages on each "leg" (three each). Discharge the filter capacitors after that and measure each for very low resistance between the "legs".

-Chris

Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
Hi Alan,
The secret to troubleshooting and good management.

Collect information and follow it. Ask questions and finally come up with a plan while keeping an open mind.

The biggest reason I find technicians getting stuck is they zero in too quickly and then try to make the evidence fit their idea. A confused tech quickly follows. A poor manager does exactly the same thing.

-Chris

Results

That was tough, getting in to the small components. And sometimes the readings fluctuated a bit so I'm not sure if I did it correctly but for what it's worth

Results
C3182 Two of these, same readings 0mV, 140mV, 30 mV
A1265 Two of, same readings, neg.10mV, 140mv, neg 4mV
D2033 Two of, same readings, 100mV, 140mV, 0mV
B1353. All negative 100mV, 40mV, 4mV

The bias is 2SD1508 (?).
Two of , same readings neg. 13.5mV all pins

Over current detect is C2240.
Two of, same readings, all negative values, 40mV, 13mV, 13mV

Still to check for low resistance

Chris..if you get tired of this

I'll understand.

I made some basic measurements and determined that yes the mains power is going to the transformer. Then out of the transformer to the main pcb board.
It goes via a lead with three wires, when I measure the two outer wires the difference is @60 AC, when I measure between an outer and the middle wire it's @30V. (I just noticed on the schematic that it shows values! I guess the 30 is supposed to be 28.7V..ok so far)
Now if I understand the bridge rectifier will convert the ac to dc and the caps are supposed to smooth the supply.
Do I test the Bridge Rectifier output by connecting the probes to the positive and negative legs of the rectifier?

You can do that or use a wire link. Anything really as long as no more damaged is done and the diode body is not stressed. Just check the diode before you solder it back in. Whatever stress caused the diode to lift may have hurt the diode.

If the track has any type coating on it, scrape that off first to bare copper. Do not try to solder through it because it will just get messy.

Cheers

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.