relay voltage rating

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi Jarthel
At the risk of throwing in another confusion factor, how about something like this.
It's an SY-4080 from Jaycar Electronics.

Attachments

• sy4080.jpg
    sy4080.jpg
    26 KB · Views: 223
Hi
You would need a small modification to the circuit.
The 555 output goes low (to ground) to operate the mechanical relay whereas the SS relay requires a positive voltage of 3 or more so you need a transistor to invert that signal.
Cheers
Rob

Attachments

• mod.jpg
    mod.jpg
    29.5 KB · Views: 243
Hi
The relay is actually connected to pin 3 (output) and pin 4 which is connected to the + supply. Neither of the two diodes shown would be needed. My mod would take its input from pin 3 and its + and ground connections from the equivalent pins on the 555.
Cheers
Rob

Hi Jarthel
Reason for change is just to make it simpler - fewer parts, easier to make. I should have thought of it earlier but I'm >57 and not as quick as I used to be.
The + of the relay goes to + supply via the current limiting resistor and the - of the relay is pulled to ground by the 555 output. It's just another way of defurring a feline.
Cheers
Rob

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.