Reflex port under the cabinet ??

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
>Is that good?
====
Depends on the design. Normally, a flared vent is used to lower the air speed of a too small vent, so it will uncompress it somewhat, increasing its efficiency. Another app is where there's peaking at Fb. Another is for flattening the impedance to better mate to a tube amp, increasing efficiency.
====
>I have the feeling that an more resistive vent can put out less bass output but it should be better damped.
====
Excepting the above, Correctomundo.

GM

I think that since the air travels in between the bottom of the cabinet and floor that the length of the port is the distance from the port and the floor. The width and length of the bottom of the cabinet then become the width and length of the port. Sorry, but I can't help you with any of the math right now, a little (just a little) out of reach to come up with some working (and accurate) figures. So far, rough ideas, only ROUGH ones though.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.