• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Reference DAC Module - Discrete R-2R Sign Magnitude 24 bit 384 KHz

How did you go about doing it? Are you sampling the analog outputs or analyzing the I2S going into the DAC?
I'm using RAW outputs to connect to the amplifier, then buffered outputs connected via diodes to analog Arduino nano inputs.
Inside I have put function to analyze voltage out and just simple code to simulate out level to the 15 points as a custom line symbols.

Reactions: 1 users
Is this the correct way to wire an LED

1665668376103.png

Hello,
I want to build the new rev7. I want use an arduino with the ardam lite code to control it. I have a few (dumb) questions but i want to be sure.
The isolated side on J3 is well, isolated, so why Dimdim is using an isolator after it's arduino. Why not directly plug the arduino in the isolated RXD / TXD ? I feel like i am missing something here.
Also the serial connection in J10 is doing the same thing as J3 expect it's not isolated, right ? We can use both to communicate with uManagaer ?

Hi soren,

I recently placed an order for a dam1021-12 from modhouse, which leads me to believe that I will receive a rev7. One of the things you mention is that now it only accepts DC in, and the optimal voltage is +/- 9V. But I didn't realize this bullet point until later, and was following damdams build guide, which he used a ultrabib shunt regulator with +/-12V output.
So me trying to follow his build, I procured parts to build a ultrabib supply with +/-12V output at around 300mA.
How will feeding in the 12VDC vs the 9VDC impact the sound quality, if at all? And just curious as to why 9V specifically is considered the sweet spot.

Appreciate any feedback on this.
Thank you