• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Reference DAC Module - Discrete R-2R Sign Magnitude 24 bit 384 KHz

Hi Soekris, Do you think in speciall prices for Diyaudio members? I talk about the taxes and the shipping rates that summ more than 80% of the original price. In the website said since January 5th but this is not possible yet.
Congratulations for the idea.
Happy new year

Last edited:
Disabled Account
Joined 2005
Hi Soekris, Do you think in speciall prices for Diyaudio members? I talk about the taxes and the shipping rates that summ more than 80% of the original price. In the website said since January 5th but this is not possible yet.
Congratulations for the idea.
Happy new year

The only mention of Jan 5 I've seen is that production of a second batch of boards was scheduled to start on that date. I can't recall Søren mentioning a date when sales would actually start.

Soekris, would it be possible already to post somewhere phisical details like: "pinout", dimensions and distances of the holes in the PCB, input level requirements, ... Then we already can start thinking about getting siutable connectors, seeing if optical SPDIF is possible "onboard", ...

Joined 2009
Paid Member
An update:

Shipping Cost:

First, I'm not the one actually running the webshops, so don't ask me about ordering or shipping details.

But the European webshop have until now shipped everything using UPS, which is fast and good, but kinda expensive as it's mostly only air service in Europe. The european webshop will add an alternative ground shipping option, probably GLS, which should result in low shipping cost also in Europe. The US webshop already ships using inexpensive UPS Ground.

We do not plan to offer shipping using Postal services, as those are not that reliable, and tracking mostly don't work crossborder.

And we can't do anything about taxes and import fees, and can't declare low values on packages. No problem for EU and US customers, but other regions might run into trouble, but that's the way it is with international commerce, especially for private customers.

If somebody want to start as importer/reseller in regions other than US and EU, you're welcome to contact me.

Availability:

I'm almost done with the firmware, expect to start taking orders in a day or two, and expect to start testing and shipping next week.

The next batch will probably be ready at the same time we start shipping the first batch, so everybody who has expressed interest will be able to get boards now, we will still ship in sequence based on when people expressing interest.

That also mean there is no need to preorder anymore. Also remember, this is not a group buy, the board will go into regular production, although we might at times run out of stock for short periods.

An update:
Availability:

I'm almost done with the firmware, expect to start taking orders in a day or two, and expect to start testing and shipping next week.

The next batch will probably be ready at the same time we start shipping the first batch, so everybody who has expressed interest will be able to get boards now, we will still ship in sequence based on when people expressing interest.

That also mean there is no need to preorder anymore. Also remember, this is not a group buy, the board will go into regular production, although we might at times run out of stock for short periods.

I see the DACs listed on the EU site, but not the U.S. site. I believe I requested in time for the first batch, but don't see any way to order from the U.S. site. Will the first batch only be available by ordering on the EU site?

Joined 2009
Paid Member
I see the DACs listed on the EU site, but not the U.S. site. I believe I requested in time for the first batch, but don't see any way to order from the U.S. site. Will the first batch only be available by ordering on the EU site?

From #682:

As I said: "The webshops are preparing to take orders." So expect the US webshop to come up too....

Could you upload data sheet or service manual ?

There will also be documentation available when shipping, but I'm doing the design first, then the docs, the engineering department is just me....

An update:

Shipping Cost:

First, I'm not the one actually running the webshops, so don't ask me about ordering or shipping details.

Sorry, didn' see your post and sent you PM today preordering 0.02% version and asking for shipping costs
:D:D:D
Will order directly on your site when possible
Awesome project!

Disabled Account
Joined 2005
Last edited:
The best cd player I ever tweaked has a LL on this output (tweaked with RC on leads ike Lundhal advises) : the best sound I had, perfect tonal balance without lost bass !

Will be happy to see here a shematic of a tweaked 60 euros LL output transformer with the goods caps and resistor values in relation to the ouput spec of the SE and/or balanced Soekris Dac's output ! Not a super pcb : just a simple stereo LL output transformer at 60 euros should be enough because isolation is very well made in LL : no needs to put two mono transformer !

If a DC cap is needed with such DAC, the output transformer is the only choice not to waste the clarity !

Last edited:
Is it reasonably to add Super V/I converted For DAC OUTPUT STAGE WITH LL1684 LUNDAL TRANSFORMER on the output ?

http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/quanghao-audio-design/246579-super-v-i-converted-ll1684.html

Apart from it not being a V/I converter... or an I/V for that matter... it does indeed look "Super" :rolleyes:

Some people just cannot enjoy music without the specific, clarity-inducing distortion of transformers. Of course if a dac, unlike a 9018, has a proper current output, a passive output stage might not work well at all.

Apart from it not being a V/I converter... or an I/V for that matter... it does indeed look "Super" :rolleyes:

Some people just cannot enjoy music without the specific, clarity-inducing distortion of transformers. Of course if a dac, unlike a 9018, has a proper current output, a passive output stage might not work well at all.

If DC blocking is needed, an output transformer of a good quality and tuned with the good values of caps and resistor (look at Lundhal white paper) has not HEARABLE distorsion. Too many has the syndrom of scope measurement only whithout checking the tradeoffs with ears !

That's why we can read assertion like this above till the 80s' where a global feed back e.g; was used on amp because technically speaking it was better.

I'm bored all the time to read only noise as an absolute noise floor in spite of speaking of H2 to 5 or more and the "look" they have on the scope !

reals instruments have distorions ! A transformer at output can also reduce the ground loop while the tradeoffs can dictate not to use it if you don't really need it for DC blocking !

Tradeoffs............

Last edited:
I don't much obsess about measurements and square waves either. In the past i have used S&B TX103, Lundahl LL1544/1674/1676/1690 and a myriad of MC step-ups, so dare speak out of personal experience.

No argument that a transformer makes a reasonably nice "quick&dirty" output stage for something like a 9018 which does not really need an I/V, but the sound is far from what is possible with a proper active stage. Of course this is only my prejudiced subjective opinion.