• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Reference DAC Module - Discrete R-2R Sign Magnitude 24 bit 384 KHz

can anyone enlighten me to what this resistors are for
22243018132_cbe044bd59_z.jpg

For anyone who might be interested, the group buy for DAM1021 input, switch and muting/output boards is now open. For details of the boards please see the first post of the GB thread and the preliminary documentation.

Please sign up on the GB spreadsheet and send me your Paypal ID by PM for invoicing.
This GB round is open until Nov 1st, 2015. All orders paid by this date will receive a 10% discount from the listed prices. Boards will still be available for purchase after Nov 1st at full price.

thanks

i sort of understand
what value resistors did you replace with?
how did find the correct values was just trail and error?
how much improvement was there?
can we bypass the lpf ?

Same as original ones 13R / 0.01. I do believe these two resistors are in MSB chain (like it is 100R in attached diagram of 8bit DAC)
Speed and uMicro details are vastly improved.
Taking out capacitor will basically disable LPF (no lpf).
Søren have done this, way back (se post #143 and #144 on page 15) when he was testing speed of DAM. It is good idea to ground lifted pin 3 of "LME49710 buffers " .

cheers
Danny

Attachments

• 74HC244 8bit DAC.png
    74HC244 8bit DAC.png
    83.3 KB · Views: 688
Same as original ones 13R / 0.01. I do believe these two resistors are in MSB chain (like it is 100R in attached diagram of 8bit DAC)
Speed and uMicro details are vastly improved.
Taking out capacitor will basically disable LPF (no lpf).
Søren have done this, way back (se post #143 and #144 on page 15) when he was testing speed of DAM. It is good idea to ground lifted pin 3 of "LME49710 buffers " .

cheers
Danny
i had thought the 13rs were after the msb chain and would be a worthy experiment to short across them and remove the cap

Hi all
As you can see in the first image with Windows7 and ExtraPutty, "filters" and "filters all" is working good.
In the second image MacBookPro and FastSpring.com program, typing
"filters all" it's ok, no result typing "filters"
Any idea??
View attachment 509521

View attachment 509522

"filters" command lists only the currently active filters. In the second image DAM1021 is not locked to a signal (no LXXX output), therefore no filters are active and it displays an empty list.

Intersting, I've still a V1 board and with the latest firmware am finding it often will not lock. Select a track, I hear about 1/4 second sound, then nothing. Seems to happen more with the higher sample rates...?? Most annoying!
Maybe an other streamer, or app?
I am using here Vortexbox for a long time, and don't recognize this.
Also with the V1 version.

Thank you normundss, but I can’t understand why this happens.
I mean that why with the PC, DAM locks “filters”command and with the Mac is not locking? Is a question of settings in the FastSpring.com program ?

By locking he means audio signal locking (i.e. the DAC has locked to an audio stream and plays music)

The filters command shows the currently used filters by the DAC but if no sound is playing (i.e. the DAC lock led is blinking) then no filters are used.