• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

Red Army Power-amp

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
diyAudio Chief Moderator
Joined 2002
Paid Member
soundbrigade said:
If Stalin and Lenin are scary a simple red star is enough. And pick a suitable name for the amp - VladLen or Iosip or UZIL will make people confused.

Check Golden Middle, but I guessprices for transport will be high. I got an offer for two X-formers to Sweden (500km away) - not that very cheap. And I think, but cannot say for sure, taht there even may be added som export tax. Check that all out.

One more thing; Russians are very good at making things (that work).

I would call an all out CCCP NOS built ''Leningrad Cowboy''.

Ex-Moderator
Joined 2003
Paint it olive green...

How about a bit of perestroika by using British and American Cold War ex-military components as well? British Admiralty pattern oil-filled C-core magnetics and American Loktal valves spring to mind along with the obvious choices of Soviet 6C45, 6C33 and PTFE capacitors. Then you could have a picture of Lenin (I like that idea), Reagan and Thatcher. it would be quite heavy, so I suggest wheels. Maybe even tank tracks.

Soundbrigade provided a link for output transformers - I'll check it out...

At least I have some coupling caps ready to go... Russian teflon 4.7uF. Perhaps the voltage will be too low...

This amp will be huge ;-)

Attachments

• k72-11_4a.jpg
    k72-11_4a.jpg
    31.4 KB · Views: 321
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.