Realistic Minimus-7 how to

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
7s'

I worked Rat Shack when the Min sevens were a best-seller. Among the others were the STA-2000(?) Receiver...we experimented alot with the gear!
One day I pushed the little sevens way past their 40 watt rating...just seeing what they would do. The tweeter went bye-bye hooked up to the 'big' STA..it was holding about twice the power(According to the meters)..for awhile.
So what is the purpose of coating the woofer with the glue? To stiffen the cone..I would think such a small cone wouldn't have stiffness problems.
Of course one would drop Fs by a small amount....with such a large magnet assy Qes would hold it just fine I would think. The sevens REALLY need that "air spring" ...I was running one while pulling the driver & she hit Xmax when the driver broke the seal.ugly..OOps!
Does the TS parameters change with the extra mass of the 'treated' driver?
_________________________________________________________Rick.....

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.