• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

Re-designing 6DJ8 circuit for the 6CG7

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
"would be completely inaudible" is making an assumption which is not supported by science. Jneutron and I have both reported such. Remember that a change in rise time will change the sound, regardless of the other components. When the overall rise time changes, the sound changes.

Cheers.

I did not say the rise time did not change. I did not say the sound would not change. I did say the change would be inaudible. Point me to some evidence that proves otherwise.

I did say that your effort would be better spent on the poorer bandwidth parts of the chain because changes there might well be audible.

Cheers

Ian

I did not say the rise time did not change. I did not say the sound would not change. I did say the change would be inaudible. Point me to some evidence that proves otherwise.

I did say that your effort would be better spent on the poorer bandwidth parts of the chain because changes there might well be audible.

Cheers

Ian

The science that Jneutron posted in the past (1982 study), and I have recently posted (Dr. Kunchur) was because the studies demonstrated the sound did change. It was perceived. We would not have posted otherwise. Note the quote of me in your post where I stated:

Remember that a change in rise time will change the sound, regardless of the other components.

Again neither I nor Jneutron would have posted if it was not actually perceived. That is what studies are for. Do you have any information besides opinion?

I understand your other point concerning the lower FR of the other components, and improving them.

Cheers.

Last edited:
The science that Jneutron posted in the past (1982 study), and I have recently posted (Dr. Kunchur) was because the studies demonstrated the sound did change. It was perceived. We would not have posted otherwise. Note the quote of me in your post where I stated:

Again neither I nor Jneutron would have posted if it was not actually perceived. That is what studies are for. Do you have any information besides opinion?

I understand your other point concerning the lower FR of the other components, and improving them.

Cheers.

And I asked you to point me to some evidence. Where can I find the 'studies'?

Cheers

Ian

I've demonstrated that I can't hear it. And others have demonstrated that they can't hear it. No-one has demonstrated that they can. Draw your own conclusions. :D

This is very reminiscent of the discussions about ESP. After enough failures to refute the null hypothesis, anyone sensible can now place it in the category of "doesn't exist." Open-mindedness requires that one change that opinion if and when solid contrary evidence is presented, but it's not worth holding one's breath for, any more so than the "it's coming any day now!"evidence for the existence of Santa Claus.

But we know Santa Claus exists because he leaves presents. What more evidence do you need?

So let me get this straight: a pair of brick-wall filters (anti-alias, reconstruction) - presumably just above the audio range - are inaudible, yet a 500kHz-ish single pole filter might ruin the sound?

I know jneutron believes in the importance of tiny timing issues. I believe he is mistaken.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.