Re-build Babo Zen (Papa's Zen5 w. jfet inputs)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Formerly "jh6you". R.I.P.
Joined 2006
Zen Mod said:
you both are nutz .........
:devilr:

Yes, but rational nuts.

Many thinkings converging on one idea.
I need just one of my own sounds.
I do not require sort of A/B tests for my own sound
that provides me with long listening no tired.
My way of DIY audio . . .

Nevertheless, if I were a rich man ^^,
would buy not only my sound, but also nice design
and quality service.

:darkside:

Joined 2006
Here is a bit more development.

Attachments

• babozen-amp board-5.jpg
    babozen-amp board-5.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 492
Babowana said:

Yes, but rational nuts.

Many thinkings converging on one idea.
I need just one of my own sounds.
I do not require sort of A/B tests for my own sound
that provides me with long listening no tired.
My way of DIY audio . . .

Nevertheless, if I were a rich man ^^,
would buy not only my sound, but also nice design
and quality service.

Hi JH:) I am not sure that one pair of ears is enough! I have learnt a lot, from having people come and listen to my different amps!! Magura is a very nice guest to have, listening to a system:) I am sure that man's ear's are working as they should:D
Almost everyone has some comment to add, when listening to a particular amp. The only amp I have build that had the "WOW" effect all around is the F4. People are always very impressed, when leaving. When having people listening, you will hear something like this" listen to the detail to the left, I didnt hear that so clearly before, when listening to the Aleph, But with the Zen 9 the bottom wasnt so clear but the details where okay to the left" :D :D He-he. Only the Babbelfish comes close to the F4, and it doesnt even need a specialty preamp:devilr: Whatever, thats just my experience. If it makes you happy, thats all that counts:) If you ever visit Denmark, you are more than welcome here, for a listening session:) We will both learn from that;)

Steen:)

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
steenoe said:

ZM, the invitation goes for you too, ofcourse:D Man that could be fun!

it will be ,fer sure...............................

but- ya know - it's still Ragnarök time in my dear country.......

politicians , democrats,terorists.........

they are all same,with just names different

still not enough efforts in right directions.......

in short - money is still object in my life

but---- life is fun....and - who knows.......we are still young
:devilr:

massimo said:

Last time I visited Denmark, many yaers ago, I went to København and I was really impressed.... by the Danish girls! :eek:
Best in Europe! No questions!
Now I'm much older and I could be very impressed by Steen's amps. :cool:
I'm pretty sure :clown:
Massimo, the Danish girls are very precious indeed:) But somehow they look a bit less fiery, compared to Italish girls. My mind about the most interesting girls always went to the Italian side!! Man: Dark hair, hot-tempered and simply beautiful!! Can you ask more?? I guess you can :D Blond, nice and understanding:D Just like my girl! I managed to have two listening rooms with no trouble!! Hey, you got me off to another OT:D :D
I want to make this an open invitation, if someone wants to come by for a listen, my door is open! Japanese or swedish, you are welcome!! In fact everyone, is welcome!!

Choky, I will propably visit Croatia, before you go any where! I will let you know when it happens, so we can have that barbeque- party:) I would really like to meet you, in person:)
My girlfriend is all fired up, she goes like" We really have to meet that friend of yours, I am sure he is a really nice guy" Yep I am sure too, but he lives a long way from us.... He-he Lets see what happens, but be warned: when my mind is set,.....

Steen:cool:

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
steenoe said:
Choky, I will propably visit Croatia, before you go any where! I will let you know when it happens, so we can have that barbeque- party:) I would really like to meet you, in person:)
My girlfriend is all fired up, she goes like" We really have to meet that friend of yours, I am sure he is a really nice guy" Yep I am sure too, but he lives a long way from us.... He-he Lets see what happens, but be warned: when my mind is set,.....

Steen:cool:

I still have some property in Croatia.........from my late GranMa......
(even if house is burned :bawling: )
I use to spend with GrandMa at least 2 month a year in my kid and youth age.... in beautiful mountain country side

then it was 500km with car - away from my house ;

are you going to Croatian Coast ?

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
steenoe said:

I am not anymore, man 100! I guess thats for the few!!
Okay lets get serious!! What the F... is that for an avatar???
So you are supposed to be some kind of Robinson Crusoe now??

nope-that's Erik .......my alter-alter ego long time ago...........you just reminds me ,mentioning Vikings.........

who is there 4eyes .......you or me?
;)

btw , my sister ( Uncle's daughter ) is married to another sort of Viking.........they live on Iceland

Joined 2006
steenoe said:
Hi JH:) I am not sure that one pair of ears is enough! I have learnt a lot, from having people come and listen to my different amps!! Magura is a very nice guest to have, listening to a system:) I am sure that man's ear's are working as they should:D
Almost everyone has some comment to add, when listening to a particular amp. The only amp I have build that had the "WOW" effect all around is the F4. People are always very impressed, when leaving. When having people listening, you will hear something like this" listen to the detail to the left, I didnt hear that so clearly before, when listening to the Aleph, But with the Zen 9 the bottom wasnt so clear but the details where okay to the left" :D :D He-he. Only the Babbelfish comes close to the F4, and it doesnt even need a specialty preamp:devilr: Whatever, thats just my experience. If it makes you happy, thats all that counts:) If you ever visit Denmark, you are more than welcome here, for a listening session:) We will both learn from that;)

Thanks, Steen!

Long time since my last visit to Denmark.
As soon as I settle down my private things,
I would probably stay in London July-Sep. this year.
I might see a good chance to visit Denmark . . . ^^~

Surely believe your comments.
F4 and Babbelfish have ever been on my mind.
Just matter of time . . .
You know? I have Babbelfish PCB, thanks to Choky ^^.

Babowana said:

Thanks, Steen!

Long time since my last visit to Denmark.
As soon as I settle down my private things,
I would probably stay in London July-Sep. this year.
I might see a good chance to visit Denmark . . . ^^~

Surely believe your comments.
F4 and Babbelfish have ever been on my mind.
Just matter of time . . .
You know? I have Babbelfish PCB, thanks to Choky ^^.

If you get a chance to visit Denmark during your stay in London, let me know.

Blues said:

You're an artist babo!

Steen, your avatar's as cool as the amps you build.
:)

Thanks Blues. It's also interesting to see what new Sig lines you come across. Nice blues quotes;)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.