RCA Jacks, Binding posts and Attenuator, need sugestions!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello people,

I've made two experiments here. Bought some Eichmann bullet plug and some pieces of 18AWG solid copper conductor from FIM and 21,5awg stranded conductor from Cardas.

I did just a twisted pair with the solid conductors and soldered it to the Eichmann bullet. The cable is burning in but it sounds like is really good!!! Didn't use any shielding. I'm thinking of building another cable usind tje Stranded conductors from cardas, what do you guys think? Solid is always better for interconnects?

jleaman said:
Here is my attempt.. These too me 3 hours to make and were so compicated too. ive done a set in silver and a set in very high quality mil-spec wire. This is made up of a beryllium copper # 25 alloy, then plated with gold.

I discovered were you bought this :D . I bought the last 100ft from ebay. Expensive, but can do a lot of cables!

An altogether different approach to the speaker connection is to use large barrier strips (terminal blocks/Kulka strips). Use it only for compression of the two lugs, one on the speaker wire, the other the amp output. The idea is to minimize the number of interfaces, and to provide very strong compression to press the two lugs together. You can insulate the block if you prefer, to ensure that no current flows thru the block hardware. Lug cleanliness is important.

I originally learned about the barrier strips in an excellent article in the early '80's (?) by Anthony Cordesman, in one of the best articles on cables and subjective listening I've ever seen.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.