• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

RCA 151 'scope

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Joined 2003
Paid Member
This thread is going too friendly.
Some balance is necessary: Don't call me Mr. or Sir. :mad:
Hugo will do nicely, thank you. ;)
(Just kidding of course.)

Wouldn't it be possible to remove the inners of the paper caps and replace them with new axials? Part of the old looks would be preserved.
Oh…I’d measure that burned R out of circuit. Looks very damaged to be within specs range.

/Hugo

Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
Hi Mr. errr.... Sir Hugo! :worship: :D

Yes, I normally would do that without a second thought. (Last year maybe.) Poobah was kind enough to recommend this as well. Thanks to both of you!

The 300 ohm resistor simply has a black body. If you were here to see it in person, you would see it's fine and not burnt. Smooth and slightly shiny. I will be taking a closer look at every resistor and cap. I have a feeling this will take me a couple months of working and waiting for parts.

First I should lubricate the control bushings and do a proper job on this for the next person. It should still be in working order if I do my work correctly.

-Chris

Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
Hi Hugo,
Sorry, you gave me no choice. I have a reputation to uphold out here.:devilr:

You are right of course (about those who went before us). I think they were very inventive. They were also pretty much forced to think.

For the same reason, I try to read as many old texts and manuals as possible. They all still relate to today in one way or another.

-Chris

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.