Randy Slone 6.6 design

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I was planning to build the 6.6 amp from Audiophile Project Sourcebook of mr Slone. I would like to know if anyone here have already built this amp? I know it's kinda similar of is 11.4 amp from High Power Audio Amplifier Construction Manual but there are a few differences. I would like to know if anyone have ever heard this amp? How it sound? I would like to know if anybody ever constructed it so I could talk to someone about particularities of it (power supply design for example)... I will probably also modify a bit the design by constructing the speaker protection circuit on a separate pc board with an added clip detection circuit. This is my first DIY project but I am currently studiyng electronics so I am not completly unaware of many aspect of the project!

Need to talk to someone who's already familiar with the amp!

pY

Hello,
Im building this AMP right now but have a few questions about some of the parts listed in the design. partly because the book I have has such small writing that its almost impossible to make out a couple of the transistor names. Plus the circuit layout isnt correct a coupel of the components arnt even listed. I will hopefully get the entire project done in the next few weeks. Will let you know what I find. thx, ryan

Before we get too confused, I should mention that Figure 11-4 uses bipolar transistors and not MOSFETs. Here is the circuit.

Attachments

• slone_figure11-4.jpeg
    slone_figure11-4.jpeg
    183.3 KB · Views: 943
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.