Random thoughts on Synergy approaches.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Usually my ideas are thwarted by the laws of physics :)

1)One or more mids feeding into a chamber, to long tube (port) and into horn? I suspect that this would be too much the low-pass filter :( Is there a way to force enough pressure through a tube where it might work?
2)Delay is taken care of by active EQ but can enough HF be put through a small port of several cm? Whole point of this is to allow higher crossover if we wanted, for the tweeter.
1) A longer duct will reduce the top end of the mid drivers, defeating the "whole point of this".
2) Using longer ducts will make the response worse, not better, as "Patrick Bateman" already determined in one of his plumbing experiments.

You only need push pull to reduce distortion for cones that move a lot. For a 10F properly horn loaded, the movement is almost infintessimal (50 micrometers) for 100dB that the distortion is already low and hysteresis is not an issue. Putting the driver basket into the front horn would probably mess things up.
xrk971. You are truly a remakably smart individual. You seem to have an almost intuitive grasp of things the rest of us may struggle with. I think ALL of us would do well watching what you do. I thank you very much for your detailed work and analysis.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.