Quiet here, isn't it?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
diyAudio Member
Joined 2003
Much to the amazement of many Aussies, the new (to me) sport I'm most enjoying is cricket!

Heh, the most boring game on earth!!!!

So it goes also with the one-on-one contests - increased skill, fewer viewers. Wrestling, boxing, martial arts.

In Aust we dont normally televise this type of sport. Oh sure we like it, but you will find that if you wer to go down to the local bar these sports are all ready being frequently played, for real!!! :drink: :drunk: :fight: :wchair:

Simple rules realy......

The winner, last man standing. The looser, the first man down, and the last in the pub pays for damages or gets arested by the cops :judge: .

Trev:)

kelticwizard said:
but soccer as a substitute for North American style football? Never.

Well, maybe not, but only because of the rampant diving.

kelticwizard said:
Free agency has it's rewards. If you have a lousy team, it no longer takes you four or five years to accumulate the players to make it better.

If you read between the lines this must also mean punishing success. Good teams can't afford to keep their players.

The NFL was better entertainment 30 years ago. I was a fan then; I'm not now. Give me ice hockey or cricket or rugby union any day of the week.

Oh, and don't get me started on the joke that is the NBA.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.