• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

Quick urgent Help plz !

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I inspect the thing, and I see that only one channel is faulting.. I got 24 V and the other is at 270 (supposed to be at 180-190V), I'll go try your tip poobah.

edit : Before I do this, I check the resistance from ground to plate of the triode, one side got 20 ohm the other got around 550 ohm... this is with all tube removed

reedit : I got aprox 600 ohm on pin 3-4 of the output tubes on one channel and I got aprox 100 ohm on the other channel... what the funk ? could it be the out put tranny ?.. but it`s brand new

Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
It could be the output transformer, to check just disconnect the center tap of the transformer from the power supply and measure 3-4 to ground, should read open..

Double check each supply cap for short to gnd as well.

Check to make sure no solder blob on sockets to chassis, this happened to someone I know. Almost invisible string down side of socket..

I`ll try this tomorow kevinkr, for now, I saw that when I switch the output tranny B+ wire from a B+ of one channel to the other, the reading from the ground to the B+ of each channel was inverted... one got aprox 600ohm and the other got 20 ohm but the invert, I start to think I got a bad output tranny...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.