Questions on Synergy/Unity Horn

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Also, don't avoid hornresponse. It is a major timesaver and sanity check and not too difficult after you get past the user interface (there are pretty easy to follow directions in my spreadsheet's pdf instruction for hr). There are a lot more arrangements and mid driver choices that DON'T work well than those that do.

Weltersys,
If I could fashion a concave shape out of foam that sits inside of the surround (does not interfere) and decreases the volume even more, I can get more high end to the MF?
Yes, to increase the high frequency corner frequency, the air volume in front of the the cone must be minimized, while still allowing for full driver excursion without hitting the plug.

Foam is generally porous, the plug should be as hard as possible. You could make plugs from Bondo Hair using the cone (covered with cling wrap) as a mold.

Thanks Weltersys for all of your assistance. Back to shop and I am seriously considering a smaller driver then the 5" I am currently experimenting with. Next iteration; minimize the area between cone and horn.
Your 5" drivers will probably hit their lower excursion limits well before your Dayton D250 at 1200 Hz, going with smaller mid drivers will reduce mid output.

Attachments

• Dayton D250.png
    Dayton D250.png
    44.4 KB · Views: 173
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.