questions about the Tumult...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
BassAwdyO said:

But at the same time I'm also thinking that if what kyle at acoustic-visions told me( "I know for a fact that they hand test each of those ADA’s before they ship.") was true, then wouldnt have someone found something wrong with it if indeed something was wrong with it.

Like I said, poor quality control is where my finger's pointing... we'll see where it ends up

Well, regardless of what anyone else says, you still have a unit that cannot be used in its current state - period. Defective or not, it is not usable, and you didn't shell out cash for an amp to simply place it on a shelf.

If you want a working unit, here's an option: contact Adire (by phone) and explain the situation. Tell them you would like an *exchange* of product and request an RMA number to ship yours back. Shipping costs will be one way only.

You have more patience than I do. Given the same situation, Adire would have received an instant earful and they would be reacting to it pretty darn quickly....

Mark

finally get an email back....

There isn’t a soft-start circuit in the amp; we haven’t had a problem with fuses popping unless the line voltage is pretty high. Use of a 15A fuse is perfectly fine, and will eliminate the fuses popping (the components used for power – the IEC and the power switch – are fine for 15A continuous).

frustrating.... so hopefully the shack will have 15amp fuses 20mmx5mm, god knows they didnt have 10amp!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.