Question on mounting Geddes' Waveguides.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I used to use the PE 12" waveguide before I got ahold of some OS 'guides with the foam plugs. I ran them in a horn-12-15 3-way setup:

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

The white crap you see is clay used to smooth out the transition to the compression driver. I also cut the srew-mount off and changed it to a bolt-on:

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

The PE units don't misbehave too bad, but they are not constant directivity (slightly increasing so if you eq the listening window flat, off-axis is slightly downward tilted), and of course they don't have the benifits of the foam plug. But, they are dirt cheap, and they are easy to mount.

Is there agreement on what material is best for damping the back of the WG? I have a pair of Geddes 15-inch and I attached strips of FATMAT (similar to Dynamat) but it sticks much better. My WGs have the mdf mount attached to the WG with liquid nails. Wondering if I could just coat the entire rear of the WG with liquid nails or bondo. It still sounds slightly ringy to me.

Overall though I am a very happy Geddes WG customer. Stunning sound with the DE250 and Geddes xover.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.