Question about noise?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I'm under the impression that these amps are not prone to electromagnetic noise (noise pickup from magnetic fields, like transformers) - so I really doubt wiring layout/gauge is your problem. I'd guess your problem is your grounding scheme. What are CHG, PG+ and PG- connected to?

I would connect CHG and the chassis to the power input connector ground directly.

Try connecting your source to the amp with a different cable. I had subtle noise issues that resolved when I got rid of my rat shack interconnect.

Also, is your transformer true dual secondaries (has four wires not three)?

Yes dual secondaries. I plan on doing the grounding like Peter showed in one of the threads.

attachment.php

Well I did the grounding scheme just like that thread said. I used a nice thick wire from the wall outlet ground to a star point and then used thinner wire from the 4 connections on the rectifier board and then the thinnest wire used for the inputs. So I had a star ground scheme. Anyways the noise is like completely gone no hum at all. There is a bit of static sound but I can only hear it if I put my ear up to the speakers. Also my speakers are quite sensitive something like 95dB. Sounds excellent now though very happy :)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.