Question about DIR1703

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I was thinking to use DIR1703 at 16-bit right just.
so, make a 4-bit counter with bitclock.
with logics, if counter < 1111, DOUT = 0.
if counter >=1111, DOUT = DOUT.

this way, we create a 18bit word and force the 2 MSB to be 0.

does it can work or I realy need to stop bitclock?

DIR1703 is at 8X oversampling. I think the counter + logics will have much delay.

According to this information from the datasheet of dir1703, I believe these two bits should be zero.

rossl said:
can you guarantee that the two bits will always be zero? They are clocked from an unrelated data frame.
:D

Attachments

• format.jpg
    format.jpg
    31.1 KB · Views: 165
Been following a thread elsewhere and it got me thinking about this one. Seems like the don't make 'em like they used to. Sidestepping the contradiction of having a NOS dac with a sample rate converter, might as well use a DF1704 or similar, time was when DIYers were made of tougher, more tenacious stuff not the type to be scared of a little logic.

I'm thinking in some logics again.... without the use of ASRC.

Well, as suggested...

I think to put dir1703 to 24-bit LEFT justif. then generate a new LRCKO from the original. this new LRCKO will change its state after the first 18 bits past.

This will make a 24-bit LEFT to 18-bit RIGHT justif. converter.
The 18 MSB from 24-bit data will be used.

Attachments

• p1030098.jpg
    p1030098.jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 88
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.