question about 6th bandpass front tuning

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
AnavHPr.jpg

cat has allready been inside, i think i have to keep it mouth down.

many screws can be taken of cause of clue

How is the sound?

well, it loses naked ob hands down.

room interferes a lot more, however tracks death metal quite well.
i allready found good settings for this.
effiency much better than sealed boxes which i had 26db amp gain, this can run 22db, ob has 32db.

my ears might have evolved for natural unpressurising ob bass.

box speakers gives some bass pollution inside this apartment, some hotspots builds up, and i dont like them.

if i find good spot for the box i might not burn this in midsummer bonfire

Manninen,

To help your graphs be a bit easier to read and show the data more clearly in the future, restrict the graph range to the frequencies of interest. This is a subwoofer so there is no need to have the graph extend to 20kHz. Try setting the frequency range to 10-200Hz.

Also I'd recommend using no smoothing for measurements in the bass range <200Hz.

You need to use a very long window for measurements in the subwoofer range. Low frequencies are slow. They take a lot of time.

How is the sound?

ok now i have two of these.

eq´d flat nearfield, -3db 103hz
listening spot is flat without eq but cant keep it without notch, sounds hot without.

i have to keep these -2db overal so these seems to be +6db over 120l sealed

sound, its really kicking, could be bit flavour on upper 70-120hz, works on some records. not neutral like funktion one resolution twos aint either.

better settings tomorrow with smaart

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.