Quarter Wave Absorber

Hello, I currently has an idea to dampen standing waves in a room, but I didn't find much content about it, to know if this idea would work.

So, the idea is to make a transmission line with one extremity open and the other closed, where the open extremity is the entrance of the sound from the room, so it can pass through the path that will probably have a conicity that decreases towards the closed extremity.
So, this idea came to me when I was thinking about a way to dampen or absorb low-frequency standing waves in a room.
The first alternative that came to me were bass traps, but research showed me that for bass traps to work with good efficiency from 50 to 100 or 200 hz, they would have to be very thick, in addition to the expense of large amounts of rock wool or glass wool would start to get tall.
The second alternative that came to me were the Helmholtz absorbers, but this type of absorber would not be ideal for me, as it only works with a very small range, which would make me have to make several resonators each tuned to an ideal frequency, and they also seem to me to be more complex than the quarter wave absorbers.

So, if this idea can work to dampen or absorb the stationary waves that are in the corners of my room or in other regions of my room, then could you show me content about this type of absorption or if it has ever been tried?
If this absorber idea can work, I'll talk more about my room.