QUAD ESL 57 A little work on the loudspeaker

While the frame is still sitting idle (I run over the frame with a cloth soaked with white cement every 3 days to get off the excess linseed oil as much as possible) the internal cabling has arrived for the basses.

I ordered 22AWG 20kv silicone rubber cables those look pretty much the same as the factory original except they are much more supple and they are a bit smaller in diameter.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Also, I received some original cables from One Thing Audio at patching lenght, so those will do the other set of bass panels of the second speaker later:

Next try of repainting the frame is coming soon...:D

I successfully removed some of the linseed oil and I decided to paint the frame again.

Hello, I totally reconstructed (fantastic) my Quad with the help of ER AUDIO (Australia) materials. This also includes stators and its conductive paint. Contact them, they are kind, and sell you a complete package that will give you a fantastic final result. One of the best in the world and with a very honest price. Your QUADs will be better than when you leave the factory

Hello, I totally reconstructed (fantastic) my Quad with the help of ER AUDIO (Australia) materials. This also includes stators and its conductive paint. Contact them, they are kind, and sell you a complete package that will give you a fantastic final result. One of the best in the world and with a very honest price. Your QUADs will be better than when you leave the factory

I would gladly did the same, but this pair sounds fantastic with the original diaphragm yet. I think, if I will have the chance to get an another pair, I will give it a try to buy an ER Repair Kit, and refurbish this wonderful speaker completely.