Q17 Sigma22 Regulated Ultrastable Ultralow Noise Linear Power Supply +-50/60Vcc

The maximum current tested on a continuous pure resistive load was 4,13 A at 55Vdc output, 61,5V input, for aprox 3 minutes. These are extreme conditions. It can't happen while listening music on speakers, to actually see 4 Amps current absorbed per rail.

Hello,

I have a question about the sig22 circuit.

The original circuit puts a Polyester capacitor of 3900pF in Q12 and Q13. As I need space to move some components, could we put a ceramic COG 2.5 there instead?

Stef.

Attachments

• Q17-SIGMA-PSU-schematic.jpg
    Q17-SIGMA-PSU-schematic.jpg
    319 KB · Views: 115
AX tech editor
Joined 2002
Paid Member
The maximum current tested on a continuous pure resistive load was 4,13 A at 55Vdc output, 61,5V input, for aprox 3 minutes. These are extreme conditions. It can't happen while listening music on speakers, to actually see 4 Amps current absorbed per rail.
4A into 8 ohms is 32W peak value. For music that corresponds to about 23Wrms.
Half of that in 4 ohms. Not really extreme.

Jan

What is your objective on this subject Jan?

What I can say is when you listen to music at normal level at home, in your living room, you only consume a few Watts in reality.

These continuous consumption tests only serve to prove that the board does not explode or collapse if used. You don't have to look any further. The rest will be done in the real world, by trying it used with an amplifier board (and measuring it too).

We're not there yet. Don't bury the man before he arrives. ;)

Stef.

Hello,

I published version 1.1 of the PCB.

The footprints for U1 and U2 (ZHB6792TA) was wrong. I confused SM-8 and SOT-8 when it was SOT-223-8. I also took the opportunity to modify some component placements and strengthen the thickness of some tracks.

The board test will not be for this week. :alien:

Stef.

Attachments

• Q17-SIGMA-PSU-PCB-BACK.jpg
    Q17-SIGMA-PSU-PCB-BACK.jpg
    174.5 KB · Views: 49
Hello again,

By the way, I'm looking for 2 components in SPICE to complete a simulation of the circuit in LTSpice.

I'm missing the E-202 and E-562. I found the model of an E-510 that I put in the sig22 circuit and it "works".

https://www.semitec-global.com/products/crd_e_series/

So I repeat my call that I made on another Thread, I'm looking for them. ;)

Stef.