Q on Heybrook HB2 XO

We also had this one which looked a bit dubious:

432152d1407548319-heybrook-hb2-xo-heybrook-hbr-classic-crossover-jpg

I thought the 3.3uF shunt C6 was small. And 2mH L4 too big.

Nice work.
I re-measured L4, you're correct it is 400uH, R 0.7 Ohm. However, L3 is connected to TW+. Pulled it out of the cabinet and did some measurements of the electrical response (8 Ohm resistor loads).

Attachments

• Heybrook HB2 XO LTspice.png
    Heybrook HB2 XO LTspice.png
    8.1 KB · Views: 67
  • Heybrook HB2 XO Simulation.png
    Heybrook HB2 XO Simulation.png
    8.3 KB · Views: 66
  • Heybrook HB2 XO.jpg
    Heybrook HB2 XO.jpg
    100.5 KB · Views: 64
  • Heybrook Sim Added.png
    Heybrook Sim Added.png
    6 KB · Views: 56
  • Heybrook Sim L3 Grounded.png
    Heybrook Sim L3 Grounded.png
    5.7 KB · Views: 54
  • Heybrook HB2 XO.jpg
    Heybrook HB2 XO.jpg
    100.5 KB · Views: 60
  • Heybrook XO.png
    Heybrook XO.png
    17.4 KB · Views: 66
I've currently got a pair of HB2s, one of which needs a new bass unit. I'm trying to find someone who can repair the bass unit, which has rubbing voice coil, and will post again if I find a solution.

Hi Peter!
I registered here to reply to you.
First of all, I'm the happy owner of a beautiful HB2 in mint condition that I use every day as my desktop speakers. Outstanding performers !
Second, regarding your HB25 driver that needs repair: I also own a pair of Audiomaster MSL II which is powered by the same combo of drivers as HB2.
Considering that I already have a working pair of HB2 and your work is pleasing me everyday, I'm willing to send you an Audax mid-bass driver.

If you're interested, write me alinflorinfloresu @ gmail com

Thank you!

Attachments

• PXL_20221027_175415882.jpg
    PXL_20221027_175415882.jpg
    305 KB · Views: 56
Hi Peter!
I registered here to reply to you.
First of all, I'm the happy owner of a beautiful HB2 in mint condition that I use every day as my desktop speakers. Outstanding performers !
Second, regarding your HB25 driver that needs repair: I also own a pair of Audiomaster MSL II which is powered by the same combo of drivers as HB2.
Considering that I already have a working pair of HB2 and your work is pleasing me everyday, I'm willing to send you an Audax mid-bass driver.

If you're interested, write me alinflorinfloresu @ gmail com

Thank you!
That is very kind. I will be in touch.