Pyle-Pro = False marketing - T/S specs revealed

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
:nownow:
It is not suitable as a Pro-Sub, due to it's high Fs.

This is completely untrue, as I showed. If you can put it in a ported box and hit 40 hz it is a typical pro sub driver.

Regardless, until you break it in properly YOU HAVE NO IDEA WHAT THE FS ACTUALLY IS.

it is excursion/power limited -In my opinion. Fantastic for professional bass guitar. may or may not be great for lower power home use....
:magnify:
Pyle post T/S specs for some of their pro drivers. The ones that have good, traditional specs (the grey ones). This line they do not publish specs. Perhaps; MusicGear is/was in fantasy land trying to visually/feature/power rating match the Pyle driver to RCF catalog offerings.

You keep saying the website lied. You didn't break in the driver and you measured it wrong. At this point the website would not be out of line if they said you were lying.

You've been told how to break the driver in, you've been told how to measure it properly. You've been shown sims that say it should be able to hit over 120 db at 40 hz even with the specs you measured improperly (assuming no power compression and assuming xmax is correct).

At this point, continuing to call the website liars and the driver junk is willful negligence and slander UNTIL AND UNLESS you actually break the driver in and measure it properly.

This is completely untrue, as I showed.

You didn't break in the driver and you measured it wrong.

I truly feel trolled Guy. If you actually looked at the Sims; instead of looking for something to complain about, it hits some serious excursion at low volume. It is not an RCF with a fat top plate and big xmax. You keep stating some imaginary x-max that no one has supplied you. I broke it in according to recommendations I have read elsewhere on here and/or other websites. It has a silicone filled spider. I doubt it breaks in very much. I have noticed the surround dope is rather inconsistent with thick spots also. I have stated it is very much a pro woofer. As in Pro Bass Cabinet or two way "top". It is sold as a drop in replacement (it is-sometimes) and subwoofer(that is a stretch unless operating at 100watts); not a horn driver for some DIY Guy.You keep reaching for some excuse to be right? why; work for musicgearforless? ....you really just keep looking for stuff to gripe about. when I am trying to be optimistic with it, wasting my time on here. I can afford it. I'll keep it awhile and test it again.....And I tested it with 50grams 40% of its moving mass.... go away

Last edited:
I truly feel trolled Guy. If you actually looked at the Sims; instead of looking for something to complain about, it hits some serious excursion at low volume. It is not an RCF with a fat top plate and big xmax. You keep stating some imaginary x-max that no one has supplied you. I broke it in according to recommendations I have read elsewhere on here and/or other websites. It has a silicone filled spider. I doubt it breaks in very much. I have noticed the surround dope is rather inconsistent with thick spots also. I have stated it is very much a pro woofer. As in Pro Bass Cabinet or two way "top". It is sold as a drop in replacement (it is-sometimes) and subwoofer(that is a stretch unless operating at 100watts); not a horn driver for some DIY Guy.You keep reaching for some excuse to be right? why; work for musicgearforless? ....you really just keep looking for stuff to gripe about. when I am trying to be optimistic with it, wasting my time on here. I can afford it. I'll keep it awhile and test it again.....And I tested it with 50grams 40% of its moving mass.... go away

Seriously? If I actually looked at the sims? I was the one that did the sims after you had concluded the woofer was junk and the website lied and it wasn't worth doing sims.

I don't know what you read or where you read it but you certainly did not break the woofer in by playing a bit of music for 30 minutes. You need a sine wave near fs to get it really moving without overheating it, and it needs to be applied a longer period of time for maximum effect.

It makes absolutely no difference how it is marketed, specs are the only thing that matters. Your opinion of how it should be used has no bearing either.

The xmax came from the webpage you linked. Do you have any proof that this spec or any of the other specs are incorrect? Post your evidence, please.

The weight you used to test t/s specs is insufficient. Read the LIMP manual, or listen to me or GM. GM suggested even more weight than I did.

I absolutely do not work for musicgearforless or have any income from any audio related endeavor.

Several people have told you the same things I did. Take the advice and do things properly or don't, it's up to you, but slandering a business that hasn't been proven to have done anything wrong and a driver that you failed to test properly isn't going to stand.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.