Pyle plpw15d

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Joined 2007
Paid Member
lots of work on this driver see:
measuring excursion - Bass Gear - Data-Bass Forums

I have also attached semi inductance parameters. They differ quite a bit from the earlier posted T/S parameters as I found out that when I added mass in the with the cone going up and down I was pushing the coil out of the gap! this was not noticeable using the WT3 as it doesn't display the added mass impedance graph. The attached measurements where made by my assistant holding the driver by the magnet. I also looked at 3 other drivers and they where quite consistent with fs within a few Hz and similar Qts etc..

They seem to do OK in bass reflex I have tuned the box to 25.9Hz as I run my system down to 20Hz or so. Hopefully 16 drivers will take me well past 120dB/1m full range. Probably something 1/4 wave would also work but I don't have the space to go as low as I like with that. Obviously this design requires DSP eq and high pass filter.

Attachments

• Pyle_PLPW15D_Hresp.txt
    231 bytes · Views: 36
  • PyleBasReflex.png
    PyleBasReflex.png
    126.3 KB · Views: 56
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.