Pure Player

Just tried v2.7.1 Your'e a genius ! Works great now, can't reproduce problem at all now, no matter how hard I try. BTW - roughly how long should a 24/96 FLAC file take to go from 'allocating buffer' (for example, 400mb) to 'playing'. I am getting about 60 seconds - I have loads of spare RAM, so does this strike you as being excessive ??? Many thanks for your efforts, greatly appreciated - PP now best audiop player I've heard, better than JRiver/Foobar IMO

Given the good performance of today's CPUs, the loading time (conversion-memory allocation) depends mostly on the file size and the file location (an internal disk is much faster than a USB disk which is faster than an 10/100 Ethernet storage device). Unfortunately, i can't improve this because this is the main reason of PurePlayer's good sound :)

Dear Nikos,

Since your post #214 I've come to learn that the files I'm playing aren't clipping, they are just higher in gain than the standard 89 db my soundcard panel still expects from them. This must be due to the infamous loadness wars, where cd's are mastered at increasingly higher levels and as a result the level indicators are off the chart in my software. The good news about this is there's no need to normalize really, pureplayer will handle them just fine : )
You have responded earlier that modifying the .bat file won't result in redirecting the output from the default internal soundcard to my dedicated music soundcard. Would there still be another way perhaps? Pure player is great, but it is quite a hassle to constantly change the setting of the default soundcard in my system.
Thanks and regards!

I had both 2.7 and 2.7.1
Bug in 2.7 is same like the others, double playing files.
Bug in 2.7.1 is skipping, the player just skip the whole list.
I used windows 7 32bit, no paging.,no anti virus.
could you advise me, what should I do ?
because I love this player, love it much

What kind of files are you trying to play?
Is the player's folder located in C:? (or any path without spaces)

Pureplayer

Hello
I installed this player today
Used many mediaplayers before as Winamp, Foobar, Vlc and ...
I was reading this thread but never tried pureplayer before because of different feedback on the thread I used the last version,Fidelizer and diseabled the virtual memory of Windows 7 Starter First impressions are fantastic This is realy an update My system is really simple Altmann dac and amp run by Optima redtop battery Speakers are open baffles Nobox with visaton B200 and Emminence alpha 15a
The alpha's are active with a Reckhorn a403
The visatons have a Behringer Src2496 upsampler and a Teralink x2 for usb/spdif conversion
Finally The Pc sound beats the cd-tranport
I am happy and will report after a few weeks of listening
Greetings and many thanks
Chips666

Pure player

Hello Npetralias
After 3 days of trial
This player is the best i have heared untill now
Easy flowing smooth music Relaxed and all details(highs) are there
Some remarks
1/Pureplayer will not play every file of my database
It is not wav,flac,mp3,16/44 or 24/96 related Some files it will not play
After removing cue-files,covers,txt-files and scans it still wont work
Shutting down pureplayer and starting it up again will sometimes work but not always
After conversion to wav it will process files one by one but keeps on jumping to the next file untill the list is done and processing stops
2/I will have to use a separate PC, only for playback, because i really need to shut down virtual memory and all other applications like internet and firewall to get the real good quality sound This is not practical for a general purpose PC
3/ Loading up and converting the files goes relatively quick when everything is working fine So i see no problem with this feature because it is also needed to get good sound
Conclusion/ When i have quality audio time I will use this player but for practical every day use i will jump back to Foobar2000
But please dont give up Keep up the good work I think this is the best freeplayer available
Many thanks for sharing
Enjoy
Chips666

Pureplayer

@npetralias I cleaned-up music database from trash meaning art,covers,txt,cue
and i check for any remaing trash before i load a dir
Filenames appear normal No special characters
2.7.1 keeps on skipping 50% of my music files All work with Foobar

@cliffforrest Dual booting Do you mean seperate harddisk partition for music
data
I use a seperate harddisk to store all music data

Enjoy
Chips666

Pureplayer

Hello
Its national holiday here in Belgium and the weather is bad so i can play music all day
Just found out that the c-drive conversed wave files without Wasapi plug-in
dont skip in version 2.7.1
Still i cannot get some music files to play with 2.7.1 and they do with Foobar

@mentiung After cleaning up the registry all became normal What did you do?

Greetings
Enjoy
Chips666

no. Google "dual booting."

Assuming you are using Windows (XP/Vista/W7) it is possible to have 2 or more bootable partitions (can be on the same or different hard drives, or even a memory stick.)

At boot time there is a menu choice to boot OS1, OS2, etc. A typical use is to have both XP and W7 available on the same PC.

Here is an easy example:

Dual Boot Windows 7 with XP/Vista in three easy steps - TechSpot Guides

Cliff

WASAPI not working

I have a uDac-2 which works well in Foobar, playing 24-bit 96k in dedicated mode. When I try to play a .flac file using Wasapi I get an error message about unsupported mode (your player doesn't think my device supports dedicated mode - it's wrong!). All my Windows sound settings are correct.
Any ideas?

@npetralias, just installed ur pureplayer with no problem at all and now am enjoying it thanks heaps!!! .i'll update u on this regard from time to time on whatever problem/s i may encounter along the way, your great effort on this endeavor is highly appreciated and more power to you...