• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

Punchy 813 Poweramp

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Bandersnatch said:
As usual this is a science experiment

All mine are too. Otherwise, it would be a whole lot cheaper (unless you don't count your time - even at a low wage) just to buy good gear off E-pay or Audiogon.

So far, I've done chip amps, class A pp, SE DHT, solid state AB bjt, and phono pre. None of them were by-the-book. I cannot follow a recipe to the letter. Gotta get a couple of experimental twists in there. Fairly simple twists, by the standards set here, but experiments for me. Next up is a Zeus amp (by forum member Susan Parker). But it will be with the Lovaltech FET's instead of regular Mosfets.

Sheldon

I have done a bit more reading.
I guess it is between the KT88, 807, & 813.
Which one sounds like what i want as in punchy powerfull bass?
I have heard KT88's but my problem is i have no referance to any other high output power tube.
Good KT88's are expensive and i would need quite a few, on the other hand there are lots of scematics. 807's have a good reputation, not to many good scematics, i would also need quite a few to get 100WPC. 813 is cheap & very powerful but there is no info on the net. Best of all 813's are massive and purtty :D

I am going to wind my own tranny's from now on. This project is going to need 12 output transformers.

Kevin, if you have a 813 scematic i would be very grateful if you PM'ed me a copy :D I will not distribute it to anyone else.

thanks

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.