punch 60 ix pc-0764

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Measuring the capacitance won't do any harm if you're using a handheld meter. More advanced meters sometimes apply high voltage for various tests and can cause damage.

If you heat the terminals and don't smell anything or only smell burning dust, they're likely OK. I don't remember these amps having problems with the caps leaking like the DSM amps. Maybe Sean knows whether these leaked or not.

maby i just have to test it in my car and listen to it. i just put in a small mono amp to Power my homemade Little 5 orderbox/one chamber closed one open by hole with tube. in miner of its build by cheap elements (2pyramid 8"in pushpull)its sounds pretty good in my volvo v70.in old Days i build more advaced systems and crack more expensive ones by knowledge and testing out boxes and setups.

by the way ,of topic i learn most common reason people burn amps is they put big Money on amps and less on Cables,and voltageloss that do the amp go overload the dc-dc stage and/or the output burned, right? i have Cable thick as the Little finger and just use for bass right now,but setup for more amps.i just had one guy questioned me for this ,he got his amp burned and say ,my bass is Heavy to load so i need more Power,and get one more powerfull amp.but still problems with sound and powering off. i ask do you have good Cables and good ground,.yep,,he says ,but i look at it and almost lmasof .Cables is like u have to good Power headlamps lite 4-6 mm,lol

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.