Pumpkin preamp - ordered by Steen , official making thread

Re: regarding socks and sockets ;)

Zen Mod said:
AR2 sent me few files these days .....

little Pumpie & Shunty test

I have finally finished Shuntys and I was very pleased with improvement it made over my previous power supply. What is the most apparent is how low is the noise floor. On the measurement it shows aprox. -93dB! It is rare to see that level with analogue equipment. This is the measurement normally reserved for the digital stuff. Shunty is very complex power supply but it is well justified based on the results. :worship: to the master.

:cheers:

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
Re: Re: Hi!

zeonrider said:
This case is same with case of another guy,do you have a twin brother?

Regards zeoN_Rider

spavleski said:
he he... Have Your "twin" brother received Pumpkin Boards ?:D

nope ......... his twin brother is a poooftahhh!

hehe

now - seriously - envelope with his name is in my drawer almost 10 days , but I just didn't have free time ........... seems that (finally) every bookie agency around me wants genuine winshit .......

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
Re: Re: regarding socks and sockets ;)

AR2 said:

I have finally finished Shuntys and I was very pleased with improvement it made over my previous power supply. What is the most apparent is how low is the noise floor. On the measurement it shows aprox. -93dB! It is rare to see that level with analogue equipment. This is the measurement normally reserved for the digital stuff. Shunty is very complex power supply but it is well justified based on the results. :worship: to the master.

:cheers:

hehe

Shunty is probably less complex than TL072 , but I can bet that I can make it singbetter than 072 ;)

anyway - let us know your impression - what's difference in sound between shared (between channels) generic PS and this one ..... "complex" ;)

;)

btw - as I said before - Masao Noro's shunt reg is example of elegance ; Shunty is .......... Shunty .

Hi ZM,

I powered up the shunty without the fuses but still blew out the R21 & R22 on both channels. Are you sure they can be rated mere .25W as stated in the cook book. I should have checked it earlier at .25W the max current they can take is only about 200 ma. Actually I used the digikey id PPC4.7BCT-ND - RES 4.7 OHM .50W 5% MF FUSIBLE.

I also have another problem the secondary voltage is measuring around 60V on my cheap DMM. This reading I am not willing to believe yet, because the low batt indicator is also on on the DMM, so tomorrow I will get new batteries and measure again.

Anyway, should I try shorting out R21 & 22 for now till I order replacements and go ahead?

Regards,
Dinesh