Pumpkin preamp - ordered by Steen , official making thread

Joined 2009
Paid Member
dear Zen Mod,:D

Is it possible to make the symmetrical wiring from the XLR to pumpkins input by close drilling all three cables together or must I buy shielded symmetrically cable?

Because Babelfish 2 has 20 db amplification I care now more for the hum, that was not so hearable with F4.

Of course also in the output stage, I try to optimize the mass points and cables.......:)

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
dear Zen Mod,:D

Is it possible to make the symmetrical wiring from the XLR to pumpkins input by close drilling all three cables together or must I buy shielded symmetrically cable?

Because Babelfish 2 has 20 db amplification I care now more for the hum, that was not so hearable with F4.

Of course also in the output stage, I try to optimize the mass points and cables.......:)

did you altered down Pumpkin gain ?

you can use shielded cable which you're using for your RCA lines - one shielded per phase

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
So - seems that I have my Paypal sorted , at last ;
There was/is one glitch - I was given by mistake with Maestro card , instead of Visa - so I was unable to to lift Paypal limits for money withdrawal .
Anyway , just yesterday I manage to solve that , and I'm expecting Visa plastic to arrive in 10 or so days , then I'll be able to lift limits and transfer any amount to bank account .

Paypal account is active , withdrawal is just matter of time .
New batch of pcbs is ordered and they'll be at my bench also in 10 days or so ; other parts are in drawers , including matched mosfet outputs .

You can reach me for this on >greedyzenmod@gmail.com<

please include Pumpkin in subject

then I'll give you more details

Cheers !

I want to build pumkin to drive my Aleph mini(30w chipamp PCB). I am a lo-fi , put pretty colors in my music kind guy. I want to have volume and tone controls in Pumpkin. Does pumpkin have enough gain to handle tone control circuit or should I increase gain? ( please dont flame me for this, this may have been discussed before, but I could get passed 500 post)