Psychic pair fail scientific test

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
M. Gregg;
it can be synesthesia, when information perceived by some senses or other means causes images that "complete" this information to some known image that is better to understand. Like audiophiles hear "soft" sound that they can't touch, or "bright" sound that they can't see, but such sensations have more meaning for them than sounds alone. I believe similar phenomenon causes aura, when mind organizes an information in the form of color cloud around the head. I don't mean channels of perception, I mean representation of information. Such tricks of representation can be learned. I know one doctor that sees a gauge in his imagination that shows him blood sugar level. He trained himself to do that. It does not mean that he "sees the gauge from an outer world", but what he sees is well calibrated. People even organize control panels in their minds to measure and control functions of their bodies. And that panels really work.
Wavebourn,

That is how I teach it.
It works very well.
I can use it to control blood pressure, blood sugar, temperature, or many other things.

Wavebourn,

That is how I teach it.
It works very well.
I can use it to control blood pressure, blood sugar, temperature, or many other things.

Dr Bandler teaches the same on seminars. Quite expensive, though. I took one back in 2004. I remember one German guy mumbling, "What should I do now in Germany with your feet and inches?!", after the exercise to calibrate visual distance measurement. :D

By the way, about connection between creatures, in 1980'th were discovered unknown yet groups of cells, "Mirror Neurones" that translate exteroceptive information into "psychosomatic" one. It is the part of "Brain-to-brain" communication system that causes one person to feel what other person is feeling. Again, it does not explain mechanisms of information transfer, they can be any, in any combination of representative systems, let's not exclude presensory perception.
Without this groups of cells learning by observing with such rate we have would be impossible. But it is not enough to know about them plus sensory perceptions in order to explain all phenomena of interpersonal communications. There are other "channels", I know that, because I am aware of their existence experimentally.

Disabled Account
Joined 2010
Its interesting,

If communication was taking place between worlds, then telepathy would have to exist for the transfer of information..However if the information received was about a third party that the reciever does not know and can then be proved by a third party at a later date..where is this information comming from?

Also I had examples after circles when it should have closed down and the feeling remained enough for a dog to be licking the Air above me as though it was licking someones face...the feeling would then move back from me and the dog return to normal behaviour..the dog was responding to something invisible (to me and others but the dog could definitely see something)...It was not trained or any slight of hand that produced this situation. The feelings that came to me would change the shape of my muscles and produce pain and symptoms of old age...these would go as the feeling moved away from me..I would feel taller, shorter, fatter, thinner..
I would know things about people that I could not know..A system of symbols were starting to be created like some strange sign language..It was very strange..

Regards
M. Gregg

Disabled Account
Joined 2010
I reached a point,

Where I knew I had to make a decision..If I continued I would not be able to go back..I thought I had enough information for "me" and decided to stop.

At the same time every week for a couple of months I could feel this closeness with me..I had to meditate for about 15 mins and let it move away...

It was a very interesting research project...Of course it makes you think what is all this telling me...(who knows)

Regards
M. Gregg

Disabled Account
Joined 2010
Well,

I guess it would have been interesting to have built up the image association...(sign language)..I think I lost my nerve..Part of me keep thinking its a pile of rubbish and imagination (including my science trained mind) However the more I studdied the more I found it difficult to dismiss..

I used to sit with the healers and have healing to see what took place as well...Mostly just lots of colours floating about in your eyes...Then one day, there was an Older guy with thick glasses who seemed to shuffle about..very nice guy but your thoughts went something like (Oh here we go..LOL)..They used to mark your attendance on a card just for interest (no money ever changed hands)..he said I think you come here for a bit of piece and quiet, anyway I'll just hold your hands for a while...He sat in front of me I held his hands...................Then I opened my eyes, I was shaking all over and couldn't stop..it made me laugh...the guy was still there..he said youve been gone a long time..I looked up at the clock 3/4 of an hour had passed, I couldn't remember anything just the shaking kept on..he said its OK you have someone close...I said in my mind please leave..the feeling started to back away..the guy said," there you go its leaving you"...This was another confirmation He could feel it move away before I said anything..

When I had the reaction from the dog I guess I could not dismiss it..It wasn't spookey it just worried me because I could not link "it" to my science mind it could not be true..(What was it that I couldn't see) worried me...However I did have a good Idea what it was, from images in my mind..(It was OK a woman that one of the others in circle had known) The conflict of it (can't be) was almost impossible to come to terms with...Perhaps thats why I stopped..(I felt out of my depth)..The science part of my mind could not except that there could be something else.. (the world is flat comes to mind)

Regards
M. Gregg

Last edited:
Disabled Account
Joined 2010
I will add,

It is supposed to be bad practice to do what I have done here and just set out what I have experienced...However there is no disclaimer..this is what happened..I have no Idea how it works...I have theories, however they all fall short..I would say if you can laugh it off great...

This is why I stand by the belief that there is something.. When I hear about psychic this or that is not provable..Perhaps I agree..My research such that it is made me stop in my tracks..I expected to find nothing and a pile of fake stuff...I found some very religious people with strong beliefs that wanted to help people..I state again I'm still not religious...If it exists then its a natural part of the universe (or other)..

Its nice that when I wanted to stop..whatever it was just waited to see if I would change my mind...when it was sure I would not continue...It left me to continue my life...I do believe that I would never do this without the help of people like this...The mistake is to assume its all a pile of rubbish and have a good laugh (then play with fire) this kind of thing is in contact with a non physical part of us...this can effect the physical level...It took me 4 years of research...

NB I am not a medium... no further comment..:) (in some way...its hard not to believe in something after this)

Regards
M. Gregg

Last edited:
Disabled Account
Joined 2010
I think I should add this..

I thought about it and put it off and so on..
So I think I will post it... This was a discussion That took place..Take it or leave it..laugh if you like...After a few months I took it very seriously..

OK now you are getting information... Remember this...<<told to me..

You need a tool kit..What I said..you have lost me..

Would you open the doors and windows in your house then go to bed?
No I said...well don't do it in circle either...

A circle of light is protected..the brightness draws lost spirit...If you are very strong you might be able to help them..(Don't do this) <<I have the "T" shirt so to speak..

You must be in control at all times...I don't understand...here is a thought..you are traveling down the motorway at 70mph..suddenly all you can see is Sailisbury plain in front of you..well it wouldn't do you any good would it...

Never "sit" on your own (meditation is OK)...why.....Because there is something called trance...

PS.. there was no table in the middle of the circle or anything else...just chairs in a circle..in a warm room with low light.

Regards
M. Gregg

Last edited:
Would you open the doors and windows in your house then go to bed?
No I said...well don't do it in circle either...
Wise counsel ... in simple terms, just think of how our world works, full of trolls and people who get a kick of disturbing others in myriads of ways, because they're bored or equivalent. Well, there no "rule" that says anything outside of our normal understanding of reality doesn't have similar "problems". If you always retain a healthy scepticism, at all times, then it will be a good aid ...

Frank

the real deal

There will never be "proof" in the normal sense because it operates outside the paradigm of conventional science. If you've read widely you should be aware that there can never be a separation of the subject and the observer (get out of here, you bloody cat!!) in this field: as a simple example, if the "scientist" doesn't believe it's possible to get the result, then he won't! -- the "universe" is very compliant and adjusts to fit the "needs" of the observer, so to speak ...

Frank

What's really telling is the continual need of apologists to proselytize the
obvious chicanery and denigrate real science as disbelievers and condemers.

There is no "paradigm" here... just illusion and befuddlement on the part of believers

Why not go on with one's own beliefs? Why the constant cajoling that "if only people would believe w/o the "inconvenience" of applying scientific investigation??

and so it goes

.. the
obvious chicanery and denigrate real science as disbelievers and condemers.

. just illusion and befuddlement on the part of believers

Why not go on with one's own beliefs? Why the constant cajoling that "if only people would believe w/o the "inconvenience" of applying scientific investigation??

and so it goes
Many of the usual symptoms here: the use of "strong" language, and the applying of adjectives to the "other side" which very easily fit with the "scientists" reactions ...

A key part is first of all going in with an open mind, rather than pointing a gun at the other side and demanding that "perfect" proof issue forth on the count of 3, or else ...!!

The investigation has been done, over and over again, but all that which has brought up positive results is very carefully ignored or brushed aside; if it looks too "dangerous" then the demand is that it must be repeated over and over again, until everyone collapses from fatigue - this is then pointed to as "proof" of failure ...

Frank

Disabled Account
Joined 2010
Its interesting,

When things seemed to happen...they just happened..Each time I sat in circle the outcome was different...nothing seemed to repeat....Sometimes you could sit for a month and nothing would happen...Then out of the blue you would get quite a few things...It was very strange, I could not say if something would happen or when.

If you tried to make something happen everything went "dead" all the feeling vanished and it felt like you were wasting your time..I tried to work out why, however I just had to accept thats how it was...I got the feeling that I wasn't calling the shots...I was just the radio listening for the signal. I even tried to force it a couple of times (not telling anyone) and the guy in charge of the circle said, " thats not from etc...". This was early on I soon learned the difference between imagination and other...

The discipline in the circle was quite high...you couldn't fudge it...If you got nothing you said nothing...or else!

Regards
M. Gregg

another counter argument:
it seems likely reliable "psychic powers" precog, remote veiwing, telepathy... would have so high a evolutionary survival value that it would quickly be fixed in the population if lower levels of ability were at all frequent
would likely have arisen in other animals with longer linage than Homo, stronger selection from predator/prey interactions, shorter generations

Last edited:
another counter argument:
it seems likely reliable "psychic powers" precog, remote veiwing, telepathy... would have so high a evolutionary survival value that it would quickly be fixed in the population if lower levels of ability were at all frequent
would likely have arisen in other animals with longer linage than Homo, stronger selection from predator/prey interactions, shorter generations
As Pano lightly touched on, animals do have this "ability"; just about everyone has a similar story or two about pets and others of such "awareness" ...

Without getting heavily metaphysical about things, it helps to contemplate what might be the reasons that reminders of that capability intrude into our consciousness every now and again, without then these "powers" actually taking over our headspace ...

Frank

Many of the usual symptoms here: the use of "strong" language, and the applying of adjectives to the "other side" which very easily fit with the "scientists" reactions ...

A key part is first of all going in with an open mind, rather than pointing a gun at the other side and demanding that "perfect" proof issue forth on the count of 3, or else ...!!

The investigation has been done, over and over again, but all that which has brought up positive results is very carefully ignored or brushed aside; if it looks too "dangerous" then the demand is that it must be repeated over and over again, until everyone collapses from fatigue - this is then pointed to as "proof" of failure ...

Frank

nope... just more of the same ...

whenever claims of paranormality are questioned, it's shoot the messenger and attempt to discredit reality... "there are things science just can't detect blah blah blah..." so what? irrelevant

believe what you want, no one is stopping you, but sceptics have as much right to state the counter arguments as believers have to proselytyze..

sometimes the truth hurts

Last edited:
I will pose a little challenge - you live in, and all your ancestors have, for all recorded history, a world that exists in a 2 dimensional plane. The 3 dimensional world most definitely exists, apart from and effectively including your dimensionally limited space. You're also certainly aware of this 3D aspect but you always can only ever perceive its "reality" as a projection onto your rather flat, planar reality. So, over the centuries your kind has evolved a physics, an explanation of everything, that has at its heart a maximum of 2 dimensions approach.

Then some daring soul within that world postulates the reality of 3 dimensions. "Poppycock!!" the 2D scientists shout, with one voice, in derision, "If such a thing exists, it must be explainable within the framework of our 2 dimensional physics, our understanding of all is supreme, anything else is a rejection of all that is rational!!"

So the challenge is, how you would attempt to enlighten these poor, all knowing within their own context, souls ... ?

Frank

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.