• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Psvane Polyester Copper Foil Caps - 600V rating - starting at $99/pair

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree with you Christoph. I had been watching these caps on Ebay for a few weeks and hadn't noticed the "discrepancy" until it came up on this thread. As a result I pointed out the error to the seller known as super-market-8 and with a little persuasion they politely changed the title and details of the item to include Mylar as the description of the film. I prefer to think that the simultaneous complaint I lodged with Ebay authorities was not the reason they made the change so willingly. Knowing Ebay I'm probably correct.

John

diyAudio Editor
Joined 2001
Paid Member
:sarge: The word "Teflon" deleted from the Thread Title..

Please forgive me for being pedantic but the title of the thread is currently as follows:

"Psvane Teflon Film Copper Foil Caps - 600V rating - starting at $99/pair"

I think that the Teflon needs to be changed to Polyester in this most prominant title lest it be misleading. Please do correct me if I am wrong.

John

Last edited:
yeah, its very hard to see how this could be anything but a deliberate attempt to deceive. Sorry Grant, i'm sure you probably got scammed here too, with high voltage amps now full of caps with dubious specifications; but this really cannot pass as a 'typo' particularly given how the 'corrections' were handled. It's unfortunately inline with other ehm 'strategies' enacted by some from the far east. how can you trust any of the specs on these as truth?

who even mentions using teflon on the leads on a label? hardly a selling point. anyone assayed them to see the quality of the beryllium? do remember its poisonous when you unwrap them.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.