PSU capacitors for Aleph

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
Babowana said:
I have no idea at all. If different PSU caps, different only in brand
name, give different sound, what is the tech background of it?

:scratch:

I don't get it?!?
when you have them enough,and when they are good enough (there is point ) ,then who cares for rest.

my xperience:

use a lot,use decent ones (preferably found them cheap) and don't care for fifi mumbo jumbo

Don't know, some people say they hear difference, some don't. I'm the one who believe that parts could affect sound, one way or the other. And since I'm not reach enough to experiment my self with different types, I thought better to play safe and invest in some brand name capacitors...will I go wrong ? I hope not :)

Zen Mod said:

I don't get it?!?
when you have them enough,and when they are good enough (there is point ) ,then who cares for rest.

How do you know that they are good enough ?

Let's say you nead to power AlephX which have +/-18V and bias of 4-5A ( around 60W )...what is enough for it, and how good they have to be ?

could those Vishay BC components 22000/40V ( 051/053 PHR – ST ) ESR 39mOhm I=5.8A ( 85* ) be good enough ?

Formerly "jh6you". R.I.P.
Joined 2006
yoke said:
I'm the one who believe that parts could affect sound, one way or the other.

could those Vishay BC components 22000/40V ( 051/053 PHR ?ST ) ESR 39mOhm I=5.8A ( 85* ) be good enough ?

So do I. But, only when the parts are at the signal pass. :smash:

The PSU caps at right size are just there to reduce the rpple on
the top edge of the rail voltage. And, they take a role as ac signal
ground on the assumption that ESR=0. Even if the assumption is
wrong so that there are few ESR greater than 0, it is no big deal
for the AX.

My Korean brand caps are good enuf for me. :smash:

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.