psone mods

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
hi how yah doin? forgive me if there is information about this elsewhere but the only posts i can find are old ones with the links for pictures now redundant.i have built a psone pj with 250w ohp halogen split fresnels and triplet lens,i am having problems with the colour of the lcd,i have seen there are mods for the level of red on the dispaley aswell as brightness but i cant find any information in english on the red mod and the brightness one never works(maybee because im in the uk and screen is PAL) thanks if anyone can help or point me in the right direction, thanks Dunc_42

hold up!
Just because most people here havenot made ps1 projectors, is not us ingnoring you, but we just dont know what to do. Im am working on a ps1 projector aswell, but im sorry im NTSC and not doing that mod atall. If I were I would beable to show you were to find some information, but sadly I have yet to find and regarding your PAL setup.

Dont give up, you have to give the forums a chance bud! Its been quiet lately, so just wait a bit more and someone is bound to be in the same boat your in.

Sadly I do not. Im using too powerful of a light creating too much heat. Making my Lcd black in some places. Also needing better Optics, I dont think this project is going far. Unless I can get a hold of an overhead, now that would be nice!

oh also, i dont know if you have experianced Red lines, but thats the biggest problem with my lcd. If you have overcome this problem, please explain to me how you did it! I think its the loose board connectors from the hookups to the main board.

fortunately i have not come across red line thing but from what i have seen about it,in most cases it seems to be board connector to lcd or possibly if you are using vga mod i have heard of funny things happening with gfx card setting but i havnt got vga mod so not sure,i had problems with heat with my first light setup,you could try uv glass,my last bulb was a 250w halogen from a slide projector (which came with a 2inch square piece of uv glass too) i currently use a 12v 50w halogen bulb with split fresnels with reasonable pics here is a few,there blurry as its live tv cant pause it,taken last week at around 60inches diagonal
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.
hope it is ok to post pics in here ?? DuNc.

Hey I'm also building a PSOne projector and just to clarify, if you look at: http://www.extremetech.com/article2/0,1697,1765358,00.asp and you want to do the brightness mod it has to be the one that is shown in the picture... CV23 and NOT CV30 as is says in the text :)

Just to make sure you don't jump the wrong one. And the Brightness Mod really does help, had to turn brightness down afterwards :)

Good luck and remember Have fun

:D :hot: :D

Hi,rob i reckon iv prob spent under £100 but im on my 2nd screen as first one wasnt sony and couldnt be used and iv now just finished my 3rd mdf box and tried at least 5 different light setups so it could have been half that really,the only things i paid any amount of money on were the triplet lens £10 plus p+p and the sony lcd was around £30 including postage,the rest was modified from what i had lying around or sourced on the cheap,dannino i have tried that mod from that page but my pcb is slightly different but if i trace the same component and jump it it makes it very dark?? thanks anyway,am not going to do vga mod as i use composite out and a video sender,saves a lot of messing about and cables on the floor,thanks Dunc.

Hi there dunc_ psone lcd mods aplenty!

Hi Dunc_! dont i know you? LOL
Having had a ps one lcd, i did do quite a bit of research on the subject, unfortunately, once i decided to go with my 15 incher! (LOL) i ditched all links, schematics etc.
Will try to find all possible info pertaining to the ps one LCD, and add it to this

Hi there dunc_ psone lcd mods aplenty!

Hi Dunc_! dont i know you? LOL
Having had a ps one lcd, i did do quite a bit of research on the subject, unfortunately, once i decided to go with my 15 incher! (LOL) i ditched all links, schematics etc.
Will try to find all possible info pertaining to the ps one LCD, and add it to this post.
Give me a day or two to gather the required links & stuff.
Always willing to help, even if it is slightly outside what i'm doing myself, we are all diy pj makers here after all!
Great result! Oh did you know, that according to one post i read, that the pal ps one LCD is capable of 800/600 res, (apparently!)
Will try to find out as much as possible!
D2D
Mark

dj_holmes said:
i think it ws 640x480

I think you are quoting the NTSC max res.
The max res for the PAL version of the PS one branded LCD is actually 720/576, the same as DVD?
I had mine running at 800/600, using the AV composite input, with no problems, apart from the excessive red! but if you are fluent in german, there is a guide for red-ucing, (LOL) the redness!
:)
D2D

Daninino said:
The Resolution of all the PSOne screen be they NTSC og Be they PAL is no more than 320x240, you can trick them to doing 640x480 with the VGA Mod but it is compressed.

/Daninino

:D :angel: :D

Well, you cant always believe what you read on the internet!
But, the PAL standard has more lines than the NTSC standard.
Pal has 620?/ whatever, and NTSC has 520?/ whatever. Do some research, where NTSC beats PAL is in frames per second, i.e. 29.997, over PAL's 24 frames. why do you think that there are different standards to begin with?
Where as PAL has more lines that make up the picture.
Anyway, that mod seems to be french? (LOL) should work on the PAL screen. seems to show three mods in one, as DJ Holmes Says, brightness, redness and colour intensity.
You could be right about the screen only being 640/480, but i dont think it is 320/240, it is better than that, you can trick the PAL screens into 720/576 with powerstrip, apparently! :)
D2D

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.