PSD-Lite Final Beta

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Joined 2004
Paid Member
Neil, Did you ever get the PSD-pro version finished ?

No, and it probably won't happen. I'm still working on the active version of the program, but it has become painfully clear that this software needs a lot more developers than just myself, and there is no way I can ever complete all of the versions that I had envisioned. There are still too many features that haven't been started, and just keeping up with the changes in .NET is a full time job. For example, Microsoft decided to drop support for their embedded database -- SQL Compact Edition, and that impacts a lot of the code that was used for the prototype pro version.

I need to figure out a way to get other developers involved, but this code was done in VB.NET using Forms, and that's not what's hot right now. I've taken some steps at transitioning to WPF and C#, and I've looked at making this open-source in the hopes of getting more people involved, but I'm afraid there is just too much that needs to happen to pull this off. So right now I'm not working on the PSD-Pro product. However, there will be some nice tools and new code coming out of the active version (Active Speaker Designer) that may eventually result in some new features and a new look for the passive speaker design software.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.