PS decoupling caps in Gainclone

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
ClaveFremen said:

I've ordered some Wimas MKP2 0,1uF from Germany. I think they will arrive at the end of next week.

I want to try some different bypass caps... MMKs and Epcos were not good there.

Well, effectively caps ordered are MKS2 and, wow, what a difference!:eek:

I've tried to reinsert bypass caps across the big ones (10000uF) and with MKS2 soundstage doesn't collapse and they're not harsh.

It also seems that there is more volume, probabily becase highs have more sparkle and basses are thicker. :cool:

The decay of notes seems a litlle shorter and that reminded me about a past Peter Daniels' post about snubberized PSs.

Next step was trying Wimas across 100uF caps and it was, like the other time, a no-no :whazzat:

Basses became thinner, too much highs and decay shorter than before! :bawling:

At least they haven't added harshness...

Well, now it's late and I'm going to sleep, next time I'll give a second chance to Panasonics :smash:

ClaveFremen said:
It also seems that there is more volume, probabily becase highs have more sparkle and basses are thicker. :cool:

The decay of notes seems a litlle shorter and that reminded me about a past Peter Daniels' post about snubberized PSs.

Removed again bypasses of big PSU caps...

They removed the emotional component of music, with them sound is artificial, basses are thicker but less real.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.