Protel Questions.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Is there any one out there that uses Protel that i can email and talk to. I need to know if there is some one that uses it so i can email them my PCB file so they can look it over and see what they think of it. This is my first time use'n Protel for PCB making. If no one uses Protel can some one sujest a program that they use and that i can get help from.

thanks Jason

is it your first PCB drawing program, as a first i don't recommend it, its very good thow, but it is quite complicated if you just want to draw a simple layout.

there are plenty of threads on the forum thats suggests witch pcb program you can use.

i myself use ultiboard , but this is only becouse i have to use it on a professional way at work, if it was me i would be using orcad.

Greetz Fev

this is what im trying to devalop a board for. Do you have a link to the software that you use. is there a demo. i would like to use some thing that some one elses uses and knows lots about so that i can ask questions.

Attachments

• upe297.jpg
    upe297.jpg
    78.1 KB · Views: 293
Ex-Moderator
Joined 2002
JasonL said:
Im on a mac im useing a friends computer to use protel. Does that program work in jaguar because that is all that i have loaded on my laptop.

AFAIK it does, but I'm using 10.1.5 currently, and it works fine on that.

The parts libraries are a little lacking, but I tend to make my own parts, (fairly straightforward), as I need them, that way I know the components are ok and will fit in the space on the board. I have also had a few problems with star grounding as it seem the program will only allow three conections per pin, but there are ways to get around this, especially if you are making your own boards, and don't need them to be produced by a fab plant.

There is also a Yahoo group if you have any problems, the address is on the page below.

Here is the link: http://www.swcp.com/~jchavez/osmond.html

Some one said that this schematic that i have is a citation amplifier. or is it the a40? i can't remember. Any way i have a question about the cap's. in the pic shown is my amp that i have up and running right now. But it uses long yellow caps on the board. Do i need these on my actual board that im building now or can they be some kinda other value. If i remember corectly i was told that there on there to improve speed for the amp. Can any one help. the amp is working with them but will it work just as good with out. can i change teh vaules to a difrent Round cap. ? need to know because im in the board prosess.

Attachments

• booardq.jpg
    booardq.jpg
    31.4 KB · Views: 150
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.