Profet Amplifier

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I built the ProFet

HI
I finished my ProFet amplifier ,At the firs time I powered up and everything was working fine .The sound excellent much much better than how I expected . I'm using Exicon mosfet , Caddock resistors , pure silver wire .
Now I'm planing to build two more channel and used in a balanced mode .
If someone has information how to connect the two channel together so I can use it in a balanced mode please let me know .
I know the Profet has another version called Triphon that amplifier can be bridged and used in a balanced mode .
Do I have to build two more channel so I can used in a balanced mode? I have power enough now in stereo mode to .
Or the two channel bridged only reason for more power ?
I can buy THAT 1200 High CMRR Balanced Line Receiver JRDG - 2PCS from Ebay but I need help I don't know how to use it .
Thanks for any information .

Greetings

Hello
I jus check the data of the THAD120X and these receive balanced in . So for the balanced input I think these should be OK.
So for my firs question these would be the answer .
For th secon question how to bridge to amplifier together I still don't know the answer !??
I think the best it woud be if I could connect two PC board together in X mode .
I would get the power what I want and I would have XLR input !!
Greetings

HI
First of all yes , but the same time I would like use it in bridge mode to get more power .
I don't know if that possible ?
Or the real(better) solution it would be to connect 2 PC board in a X mode .
That would give me more power (min 50W or more not just 16w) per channel .
And if I could modified in a X balanced mode that would receive XLR inputs .I'm going to use my system in balanced mode , I have a AlephX and now I'm in the proces to put together a Aleph2 .
I would drive them from Aleph 1.7 preamp .
For these I would like to ask for help if someone willing to help .
I can post the ProFet schematic if that necessary .
Greetings

HI
Yes Andrew that would be one solution for my inquiry .
Or if is easier to connect 2PC board in a X mode that would be the best solution .
For both method I'm interested , to get more power but the same time I could use it with my Aleph 1.7 preamp in balanced mode .

Greetings

since you are familiar with Pass designs, then look at any of his balanced/bridged schematics that give ~25W into 4r0. This will result in 50W into 8r0 when bridged.

His unbridged schematics can usually be doubled up to mimic the bridged layouts, with the balanced inputs tacked on for compatibility.

Hello
That is one of the next project after the Profet exide all my expect .
I already put the PC boards together for the Grand Mos .
The Profet one of the best amp I ever built at the last 20 years .
Using Caddock resistors , Russian PIO capacitors , silver wire , wonder solder , Exicon mosfets, silver wire made for audio etc .
After that I decided to build the Gran Mos .
The Iq to set up 400mA for the Grand Mos .
Please use large heat sink to avoid thermal run away .
You can share your experience with this amp .
I only can finish at spring time because I need to work a lot on the enclosure .
It is very cold outside to cut and drill etc .
Greetings
I hope I here from you soon .

Hello
I want to post a picture from my Grand Mos PC board .
I just need to ad the power mosfet and the driver .
For power mosfet I'm planing to use Class D lateral mosfet , I do not like the new Renesans laterals .
They are not so good than the orig Hitachi was .
That is my opinion after some testing .
Greeting

Attachments

• img_0001_2.jpg
    img_0001_2.jpg
    74.3 KB · Views: 2,545
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.