Problem with Bryston 3B

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I bought it used in the 90`s, I don`t have any indication of the exact production year, but I assume it was made in the mid 80`s or so. no mods done to it. in fact it`s in pieces in a box waiting for being rebuilt, if I find the time for it...

What is wrong with two sets of matched differential complementary pairs?? same part numbers as you had before?? you can tie them somehow with Al sheet metal and heat conductive epoxy.

mouser has them for less...
But it`s really simple to make by yourself a strip that connects the two N devices and another strip for the two P devices and you are done. even from a soda can, if it`s made from aluminum.
See the green wrap around the pairs..

Attachments

• 20161105_165723_1.jpg
    20161105_165723_1.jpg
    458.1 KB · Views: 126
Last edited:
Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
There is a better way to do that. Put a little thermal compound between them and use a short length of heat shrink to bind them together. It is a very common procedure done the world over. But the first trick is to match the transistors first. BTW, the beta checker in the meters won't work for this. Too bad.

-Chris

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.