Problem with amplifier

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hey guys, I have a koiiler xm7663 4-channel amplifier with a pioneer deh6000ub hu. The issue is that one of my channels doesn't output sound a low to moderate volume. However when I turn it up I get sound to that speaker but it is really nasty, distorted, and static-y almost like a blown speaker, but worse. I know it's not the speaker, rca, or hu since I've isolated all of those and found that it was the amp. Any ideas?

first guess is internally in amp.

Four channel amp, 1pair output devices per channel.Cold solder joint in that channel.Emmiter resistors, pre-driver pair open or short,clean and check gain controls and all associated processors with the defective channel

Sorry I'm new to this. I assume you mean to make sure the soldering is not cracked? Also, how exactly do I 'clean' gain controls and processors?

How does the board look? Is there a bunch of dust on it? You can get a can of air and blow all the crap off of it. You can even pour a bunch of isopropyl (rubbing) alcohol on the board before you start blowing air on it. As for the pots, they can be trickier to clean. You can try and squirt some alcohol inside them, twist them several times, and blow more air into them. Brake cleaner works pretty well on pots, though, I don't know how it does with plastics.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.