Problem accessing diyAudio after latest W10 Upgrade/Install

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Switches things on and off again
Joined 2000
Paid Member
I wonder if it's some weird DNS or other routing particular to your location. If you use a VPN does the problem go away?

Also interesting your comments about the CDN. The statis image stuff is the only thing still served by eNom's DNS, and not using Cloudflare. No particular reason for this, just I never set that up. I will do so and let's see if it makes a difference.

Administrator
Joined 2007
Paid Member
I really don't know.

I can be certain of the fact that up until 8am on the 6th April all was normal. At 9am following an in place upgrade to 'Creators Edition' the problem appeared. I thought a clean install would iron out the bugs but it didn't.

Numerous restarts of the router and modem, factory reset of the router etc followed. I tried Google and OpenDNS. Nothing worked until a few days ago when I tried the direct link into the modem (bypassing the router).

After the modem test (so back with the router) and all is currently working normally again.

It was TenForums that had the CDN option in a dropdown and switching away from that really was an instant fix on that particular site. It was the system administrator over there that suggested trying that. Proof was that I could switch between the two skins at will and instantly get the problem back.

Nobody else seems to have reported the issue fwiw and on TenForums many are using Edge and the latest build.

I never tried a VPN tbh :)

Its all been a bit of a mystery.

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    52.6 KB · Views: 100
AX tech editor
Joined 2002
Paid Member
I've noticed another anomaly which seems to be limited to diyaudio. Every once in a while the mouse scrolling through the thread I am reading stops working.

I can still scroll with the scroll bar at the right of the window however.
I need to close diyaudio.com and re-open it to enable again scrolling through the thread.

I have noticed it only on diyaudio, on three (!) different PCs, all running W10 64bit Professional, not yet Creators edition. So far I haven't found a link to any particular action I did that could cause it.

Anybody else?

Jan

Administrator
Joined 2007
Paid Member
Never come across (or even heard of) an issue like that. I'm on a Dell laptop with HP wireless mouse.

One issue on here that Creators Update has fixed for me is that I can now copy and paste text from a post. Before and it was a 70/30 chance that Edge would crash and lock up.

This was truly bizarre but glad to say its fixed now:

http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/everything-else/277707-windows-10-a.html#post4806752

Administrator
Joined 2007
Paid Member
More on the weird site access issue... it happened again, and like before the same sites affected.

I managed to come up with a 15 metre Ethernet lead and so now have the PC connected directly into the modem so that I can do a more thorough and longer test.

Administrator
Joined 2007
Paid Member
^ Is that for Jan's problem or mine ?

A bit more on the site access issues with Creator Update and Edge. Wired connection direct into the modem sees all issues disappear. I've tested that extensively and find the issues only occur when using Wi-Fi. Odd but there wea are. Intel Centrino N1030 WiFi card.

I've tried many different driver/applications but all give the same error.

One bizarre occurrence has come to light. If I open IE but then carry on using Edge then the problems vanished.

I've also tried a clean x86 install on the same PC and the results were the same.

Forums at Microsoft seem to be getting a lot of somewhat similar problems so hopefully a fix may get pushed out.

Administrator
Joined 2007
Paid Member
Reporting that all has been well following the last cumulative update over a week ago. It looks like MS have a patched a bug.

Addressed an issue where Microsoft Edge users in networking environments that do not fully support the TCP Fast Open standard may have problems connecting to some websites. Users can re-enable TCP Fast Open in about:flags.

(Typing about:flags into the top line of Edge brings up a whole host of options)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.