Proac 2.5 clone, what Amplifier

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I tried to buy that cable, but it has been discontinued. I just finished cutting all circles for my proac 2.5 clone, man, I am very tired.

how big is the difference if I use 5mm bituminous felt damping + 10mm polyester, instead of "3-5mm bituminous felt damping or similar mass loaded material, 30-50mm polyester" on AI.M's website?

I decided to use regular 12 gauge speaker wire for internal cable, I don't know how different would it be considering the length of the wire is about 50mm. And I don't know why use 3 cables for one speaker is better than just using one, can someone tell me?

About the preamp, is that okay if I use Dynakit PAS-2/3 preamp for my KT88 tube amp? I know good amp would sound big different than bad amp, is it also ture in the preamp case? Or it's less important than amp and speaker in the whole system?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.